Anyone cut rear rubicon fenders?

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
just wondering if anyone has cut the rear fenders down since the fronts are popular to cut down?
Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing you mean gutting them? If so, I have done both front and rears on mine. They gut pretty easily. If I remember right, they come apart pretty much the exact same as the fronts do minus the complications of the fender light assembly.

OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm guessing you mean gutting them? If so, I have done both front and rears on mine. They gut pretty easily. If I remember right, they come apart pretty much the exact same as the fronts do minus the complications of the fender light assembly.
Yes, gutting them is a better term. I’m assuming they don’t need a bracket like the fronts to help stiffen them up? And on the fronts, if you do gut them and put the bracket on , is the rear of the flare floppy or is that part of the flare pretty solid. I can’t find much info about it.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Dave26

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Nice, that link clears up all my questions. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for posting that.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, glad I can assist. Once you put the retention hardware on, that outer shell of the fender will be pretty firm and secure. My advice with all nutcerts is buy a quality install tool and take your time. Cutting the tabs that line the outer edge of the fender and mate to the inner fender is really simple with a sharp razor knife and comes out looking clean. The hook like material is thin and pliable. Also if you haven't gutted any yet, the inners are like spot "welded" to the outer on the inside. Take your time pulling them apart. AAL has a good install video of them doing the front inner fenders. Same concept. Since I've done that project, I've had zero problems with mine. Even during extreme crosswinds that cause the pucker factor and white knuckling the wheel. I've seen some people complain of the price paid for what it is. However, Its not like I am going to fabricate something similar myself. I have no problem paying for a product, especially if it works. AAL's inner fenders are nice too. I have them in the front. Now that they released their rears, I may dump my DV8 rear inner fenders for a set.
Sponsored