Sponsored

Half Doors

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
You can buy new lock sets through AllMoparParts. Send him a PM here and he will get you a link and discount code to use. There is another member you did a video about how to set a new lock core for your key.
i have a set I need to re key to match my full door key. Might you have a link to these?
Sponsored

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Like I said just send a PM to Benny from AllMoparParts here on the forum. For the coupon code you need to PM.

From the How can we help Thread

Hi,
Yes these are not on backorder and are readily available
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-door-lock-assembly-cylinder-68384449ab

I will send you a few codes you may be able to use
- Benny
Wait - are you saying I can order new lock cylinders that already match my current ones & I don’t need to rekey them?

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
No it is a kit that you piece together.

Read the Door Lock Cylinder Removal thread
A user Bril put on a video detailing how to put together a new keyed lock cylinder for your key

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Don't mean to be so dense - but is it a kit that pieces together that works with my current key? Or do I still need a locksmith?
no locksmith needed if you have some basic understanding of mechanics. Each lock cylinder comes with all the pins that could possbly be (IIRC it is 4 or 5 for each position and is a 6 or 7 pin lock). All you have to do is trial and error for decoding what you key code is. I was going to make an instructions post on this, but couldn't do it without giving away my key code (which I didn't want to do). Someone had posted a video by Quadratec on the locking gas cap which is the same steps you'd take to decode your key for your door locks

Edit: heres the video

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
no locksmith needed if you have some basic understanding of mechanics. Each lock cylinder comes with all the pins that could possbly be (IIRC it is 4 or 5 for each position and is a 6 or 7 pin lock). All you have to do is trial and error for decoding what you key code is. I was going to make an instructions post on this, but couldn't do it without giving away my key code (which I didn't want to do). Someone had posted a video by Quadratec on the locking gas cap which is the same steps you'd take to decode your key for your door locks

Edit: heres the video
Sweet! That helps a lot. Thanks man!

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I know I read this info somewhere on the forum, but was unable to find. What is the size of the 2 large boxes that the front half doors come in? Just trying to see if they fit into my SUV. Thanks for any help.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I know I read this info somewhere on the forum, but was unable to find. What is the size of the 2 large boxes that the front half doors come in? Just trying to see if they fit into my SUV. Thanks for any help.
What SUV do you have? The boxes are fairly large so if it is something smaller they are not likely to fit, but larger (mid size or bigger, i.e., Ford Edge or Explorer, 4-Runner etc.) should fit just fine.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
On a 4door they fill the back w/ the seats folded down. It is quite surprising how much room they take up. I'm pretty sure the reason you can't order a dual top and halfdoors together is purely down to how much each of those packages takes up in the back.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Front doors ea box - 16”x37”x39”
Back doors ea box - 10”x28”x32”

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
If Jeep would have just taken off the mirrors the boxes could have been way thinner. But then they would probably have to give you the windows in 2 boxes separately negating the space savings.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Thanks all, for the replies. We just drove 2 vehicles and got the doors home safe and sound. Just need to disassemble and take them to the painter. Firecracker Red !
Sponsored