Half Doors

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Has anyone assembled their own OEM doors or is everyone going the buy them off craiglist/ebay route?
I believe it’s crazy expensive to buy all the parts for unpainted doors. And because of that people are hunting out 2nd hand units. Before I bought mine I priced out most of the parts and it was close to $5k and then I’d still have to pay for paint too. I found a set in my color for less than it would have cost if I ordered my jeep w/ them.
Sponsored

Mrs.Megahee

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, JK Sport
Hey Benny-

Do you have any insight on ordering just the metal door and hinges and a latch? Thinking more along the lines of a trail door than a full on door...Is this something that can be worked with the parts offered or should I continue searching for a used set? Thanks for any guidance your able to provide. (I don't want the tube doors, hoping to have a solid metal outer)

-Aimee

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Hey Benny-

Do you have any insight on ordering just the metal door and hinges and a latch? Thinking more along the lines of a trail door than a full on door...Is this something that can be worked with the parts offered or should I continue searching for a used set? Thanks for any guidance your able to provide. (I don't want the tube doors, hoping to have a solid metal outer)

-Aimee
If you truly want a trail door to bang up, I wouldn't get oem. I would get an aftermarket companies. What you're thinking of buying might be more than a fully functioning door by Bestop, or other companies. Without the interior trim on the OEM door you might find it would be a hazard and uncomfortable, and I'd think you'd need more than you're listing to make it a reasonable option.

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey Benny-

-Aimee
Hi Aimee,

You would be looking at around 3k for these parts on a 4 door application. If your interested send me your email address and I will send a quote.

- Benny

Mrs.Megahee

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, JK Sport
If you truly want a trail door to bang up, I wouldn't get oem. I would get an aftermarket companies. What you're thinking of buying might be more than a fully functioning door by Bestop, or other companies. Without the interior trim on the OEM door you might find it would be a hazard and uncomfortable, and I'd think you'd need more than you're listing to make it a reasonable option.
Possibly, I’m only seeing 2 options for metal doors as I’m searching, Jcr and genright…has anyone else found any others?

Thanks, Aimee

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Any update on the half door kits? I had a set slip through my hands today and I'm about fed up trying to get my hands on a set from sellers. Would like to skip all that and just buy a kit at this point if it were possible. Are the part numbers for the uppers available anywhere yet? Or is it still just the lowers and the associated parts for the door itself? The process of getting these has been frustrating and if they were available for my color when I ordered mine I would have purchased them then.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I would go aftermarket if any had mirrors and accepted bestop uppers, and came pre-painted. But none of the aftermarket ones look as good as the oem doors anyway. Most are just slightly different from JK doors. Its like the aftermarket still hasn't realized that the JL is not just a face lifted JK.
Where I live, it can rain at any minute up in the hills, so I want to carry uppers with me, like I do with my soft top windows.

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I can't for the life of me figure out why Mopar has not offered these as a complete kit yet. I have a JLR and almost all the sets I see come up are from 4 doors that don't want to split them up.

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I can't for the life of me figure out why Mopar has not offered these as a complete kit yet. I have a JLR and almost all the sets I see come up are from 4 doors that don't want to split them up.
You're spot on. It was TOUGH finding a 2-door pair, I overpaid, and now I have to pull them apart before painting - would be more than happy to pay more for a kit & paint then assemble. I'm sure I'll break some clips or something getting them all apart.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
If you are careful it is not real hard. I only had one push pin connector that refused to separate properly. Cost me a few bucks getting a new one. The lock and handle cables are the biggest pain to remove from their slot on the door card. I put a whole disassembly write up in the how to section.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
If you are careful it is not real hard. I only had one push pin connector that refused to separate properly. Cost me a few bucks getting a new one. The lock and handle cables are the biggest pain to remove from their slot on the door card. I put a whole disassembly write up in the how to section.
Oh that sounds interesting. Might you have a link? Would love to get them painted in a month or so.

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any update on the half door kits? I had a set slip through my hands today and I'm about fed up trying to get my hands on a set from sellers. Would like to skip all that and just buy a kit at this point if it were possible. Are the part numbers for the uppers available anywhere yet? Or is it still just the lowers and the associated parts for the door itself? The process of getting these has been frustrating and if they were available for my color when I ordered mine I would have purchased them then.

Its over $5k plus shipping and painting costs for a set of 4 doors with interior panels. We never bothered putting kits together as there was little interest once pricing was factored in.

- Benny

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Its over $5k plus shipping and painting costs for a set of 4 doors with interior panels. We never bothered putting kits together as there was little interest once pricing was factored in.

- Benny
5K sounds like a steal compared to what some are asking. I had a guy message me with a set asking $6800 and then still having to get them painted. Does that 5K include everything required (including premium uppers)? I'm half tempted to do it.
Sponsored