First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRUD
Occupation
Software Developer [ Mainframe ]
I have done some searching and am not finding any protection options for my uppers when they are off the doors.

I have seen them for JK no luck for the JL
Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the same boat. I am trying to figure out if the JL door uppers are roughly the same size as the JK uppers. I think they are about the same width and height, just trying to figure out if they are any thicker than the JK uppers. Also not sure if the 2 parts that go down into the door on the JL are much different in length from the JK. It seems like they may fit in the bag for the JK uppers.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have done some searching and am not finding any protection options for my uppers when they are off the doors.

I have seen them for JK no luck for the JL
You might consider sending an email to the vendor(s) that sell the storage bags for JK-era soft uppers, asking for intel regarding compatibility for the JL uppers. Report your results here so as to assist other owners.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Following. Thought it came with the doors. Damn

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
I was having trouble finding something for the uppers as well. The best I came up with so far are freedom top panel storage bags.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/freedom-panel-storage-bag-07-17-jeep-wrangler-jk

They are a close fit but not perfect. The bags are just right width wise for front uppers and a little lose for rear since they are smaller. Bags are about 3" taller than uppers. They have felt dividers in them. I got 2 of them, 1 bag holds 2 uppers. I put one of the uppers in upside down, so one has wide section on bottom and other has wide section on top. Makes them more compact that way. I carry all 4 uppers and rear windows in jeep so we can close it up whenever we need to on longer trips or cool late night return trips home. We can even still access the rear under floor storage, which I thought was a big plus.

20210610_114651.jpg

20210610_114556.jpg

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
So I visited my friend and checked his 4door JK Windows.
The thickness for both front and rear appear to be the same for JK and JL, we didn’t measure, we just eyeballed next to each other.
The front window is about the same length but the JL is a few inches shorter in height.
The rear window is also a little shorter, but only an inch or so. The rear window is longer on the JL, but is still shorter than the JK front window so I believe the JK upper window storage bag will work.
I’m going to buy one and see how it works. I don’t know for sure if it’s going to work, but I believe there is a good chance.

Mopar JK upper window storage bag

JL in front, JK in rear
Jeep Wrangler JL Half door upper bags? 2FBE23F0-BE27-473E-B02F-4562FEDF76F7

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The thickness for both front and rear appear to be the same for JK and JL, we didn’t measure, we just eyeballed next to each other.
The front window is about the same length but the JL is a few inches shorter in height.
The rear window is also a little shorter, but only an inch or so. The rear window is longer on the JL, but is still shorter than the JK front window so I believe the JK upper window storage bag will work.
I’m going to buy one and see how it works. I don’t know for sure if it’s going to work, but I believe there is a good chance.

JL in front, JK in rear
this is great info. Thank you! I ordered the JK bag so we’ll see how it goes.

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS

JL in front, JK in rear
FWIW, I Had half doors on my Jk, loved them, just tossed them in the back honestly, used the aircraft windscreen cleaner on them and never had an issue with scratches or fading. Would love to get half doors again but man that window design…

16ECB332-535E-41EF-A425-9FE9B28215DF.jpeg

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
FWIW, I Had half doors on my Jk, loved them, just tossed them in the back honestly, used the aircraft windscreen cleaner on them and never had an issue with scratches or fading. Would love to get half doors again but man that window design…
From what I've been told, this triangle window design is because with the full window and dash it is hard to unzip and open/fold down the window in drive thrus, etc and that the later years of JKs had this triangle window instead of the whole window.

But if I'm going to drive around with the window "down", i'd just remove the window

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good news, they fit! I put every other one in upside down so that they fit better to account for them being thicker at the bottom than the top.

The bag also is kind of stupidly designed in that the fabric that goes between each upper is attached to the top flap, so when you open the bag, the individual fabric dividers are pulled out from the bag, meaning it's tough to get them situated correctly with the fabric in between each upper. So I just wrapped 2 of them in old sheets. I honestly dont see myself removing these from the bag too much. I only wanted the bag so that I only had one thing to throw in the jeep if it looked like it was going to rain instead of 4 things. It's in the garage at night so i run with the uppers off almost 100% of the time.

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
Good news, they fit! I put every other one in upside down so that they fit better to account for them being thicker at the bottom than the top.

The bag also is kind of stupidly designed in that the fabric that goes between each upper is attached to the top flap, so when you open the bag, the individual fabric dividers are pulled out from the bag, meaning it's tough to get them situated correctly with the fabric in between each upper. So I just wrapped 2 of them in old sheets. I honestly dont see myself removing these from the bag too much. I only wanted the bag so that I only had one thing to throw in the jeep if it looked like it was going to rain instead of 4 things. It's in the garage at night so i run with the uppers off almost 100% of the time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Half door upper bags? IMG_0991

Jeep Wrangler JL Half door upper bags? IMG_0991
Awesome! Thanks for putting the effort into this and sharing the results.👍

C5er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Awesome! Thanks for putting the effort into this and sharing the results.👍
Thanks for sharing, was looking down this path myself. Good to know it works
Sponsored