Good Dealer Experience - Huffines

Texag88

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392 Black
I see all the posts about bad dealer experiences but I thought I would post about a great dealer experience at Huffines Jeep in Plano TX (North of Dallas). I did NOT buy my 392 there - I bought it a Mark Dodge due to the significant discount although I have bought 3-4 vehicles from the Huffines dealerships over the years.

So on a Friday a couple of weeks ago I'm driving my new (500 miles) 392 home from work. I accelerate pretty hard getting into traffic and about a minute later start smelling coolant. By this time I'm in my neighborhood so I roll into my garage and start checking things. Coolant is everywhere.

It is 6:55 PM and I call Huffines and get transferred to Service. Will picks up and I tell him the story. He says OK - don't drive it. He gives me the number of their Tow Service and tells me to arrange to have the Jeep dropped off first thing tomorrow morning and he will get it looked at. I did that and tow company dropped it off at 8AM. He calls me at 8:30 to tell me it is there and he will definitely get a tech to look at it late morning. He asks if I need a loaner car - he can arrange that if needed. He calls me early afternoon to tell me that they found a coolant hose that had come loose - likely not installed correctly at the factory. He says they fixed that, they pressure tested the system and test drove it. It checks out but coolant is all over the engine compartment and he wants to get that washed out well before I pick it up. He called back about and hour later and says it is ready to pick up.

When I picked it up (no charge of course) I found a nice, clean dealership full of friendly people. 3-4 people spoke to me and asked me if I needed help as I entered and I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Start to finish a great experience and given the issues people have with dealers I just wanted to report a positive service experience.
Sponsored

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
Too bad they all weren’t like that.

MK212MX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 80th Edition
I see all the posts about bad dealer experiences but I thought I would post about a great dealer experience at Huffines Jeep in Plano TX (North of Dallas). I did NOT buy my 392 there - I bought it a Mark Dodge due to the significant discount although I have bought 3-4 vehicles from the Huffines dealerships over the years.

So on a Friday a couple of weeks ago I'm driving my new (500 miles) 392 home from work. I accelerate pretty hard getting into traffic and about a minute later start smelling coolant. By this time I'm in my neighborhood so I roll into my garage and start checking things. Coolant is everywhere.

It is 6:55 PM and I call Huffines and get transferred to Service. Will picks up and I tell him the story. He says OK - don't drive it. He gives me the number of their Tow Service and tells me to arrange to have the Jeep dropped off first thing tomorrow morning and he will get it looked at. I did that and tow company dropped it off at 8AM. He calls me at 8:30 to tell me it is there and he will definitely get a tech to look at it late morning. He asks if I need a loaner car - he can arrange that if needed. He calls me early afternoon to tell me that they found a coolant hose that had come loose - likely not installed correctly at the factory. He says they fixed that, they pressure tested the system and test drove it. It checks out but coolant is all over the engine compartment and he wants to get that washed out well before I pick it up. He called back about and hour later and says it is ready to pick up.

When I picked it up (no charge of course) I found a nice, clean dealership full of friendly people. 3-4 people spoke to me and asked me if I needed help as I entered and I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Start to finish a great experience and given the issues people have with dealers I just wanted to report a positive service experience.
In reality they didn't do anything special. It is a shame that we are use to such bad service that when we receive normal customer service we think it is exceptional. Glad you have a good local dealer, as I sure don't. My nearest one is not good, so I make the 45 minute commute to the one who is when needed.

OP
OP

Texag88

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392 Black
In reality they didn't do anything special. It is a shame that we are use to such bad service that when we receive normal customer service we think it is exceptional. Glad you have a good local dealer, as I sure don't. My nearest one is not good, so I make the 45 minute commute to the one who is when needed.
True....... I get similar service at my Chevy Dealer. My wife gets good service at her Audi dealer. This should be the expectation for Jeep dealers.

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra

I 'second' the quality of Huffines dealerships. I've purchased and serviced TRX, Grand Cherokee and Wranglers with their Lewisville, TX CDJR store not far from he Plano store. Great people. Traded a Supra on a 2024 Wrangler and was literally in-an-out in 40 minutes. No add-ons, no pushing warranties and extra costs. Service team worked me in within a day to have some aftermarket work done. Still family owned ... and it shows.
Sponsored