Sponsored

Anyone else have this bad of experience at dealer?

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu, 2008 JKU, 2008 Jku
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I am reaching out do to my frustration with the dealer. We have a 2018 JLU that we brought into Galeana Jeep in Fort Myers , Fl for a list of issues.
I dropped the jeep off on July 14th for the following:
1. Clutch recall, along with the clutch pedal makes squeaking noises and is not smooth when depressed.
2. Drivers sun visor fell off.
3.Passenger seat makes popping noises when someone siting in it.
4.The climate control has no in between settings when cold out. Just jumps from hot to cold when trying to set the temp to 70 for instance.
5.The soft top is very loose fitting and baggy.
6.The rear window pops out on the bottom tabs both left and right side when driven over 50-60 mph.
7.The steering feels loose, jeep wanders left and right. constantly having to correct the wheel.
8.The hood hinges have corrosion / paint bubbling.
I was called on July 15th by Matthew Mc Cartney stating the Jeep is done:
1. He said they performed the bulletin for the clutch recall and it passed the "health test". They told me the clutch noise was normal, I stated it was not noisy and much smoother when we first purchased the Jeep. He replied they will try lubricating the pedal.
2. They installed a new visor.
3. They replaced a broken seat track.
4. Was told the climate control is working normally? I inquired about any computer re flash or updates which he said there were none.
5. Was told the soft top was compared to a new one and they looked the same, which I've done and can assure you the new top fits much tighter than ours.
6. Was informed that the rear window was not installed properly, which they did and supposed test drove it and it didn't come out. Its my understanding the tabs are slightly longer on the newer models which prevents, multiple people have complained about this issue on these forums. I inquired about the updated window and they didn't know anything about it.
7. Was informed that's how jeeps drive and was normal. Since I brought it in there has been a service bulletin released to address this by replacing the steering box.(I haven't brought this up with them due to it being in the body shop still).
8. Matthew said we would have to get it to the body shop so they could take pictures of the corrosion and send to Jeep to get authorization to repair.
I informed Matthew we were gong out of town Friday the 17th and wouldn't return until Monday July 27th. I asked if we could just leave it for the body shop. He called me back and said we could leave the jeep. They would get it in on Monday the 20th and would be done Friday the 24th. I was happy that would work out so we left it.
We returned from our trip, I didn't call until the 29th as we didn't need it back yet and hadn't heard anything. Was transferred to the service dept and Matt didn't answer, was sent to his voice mail and I left a message asking If it was ready for pickup. I never received a call back. I let it go until Saturday and still never heard anything. I called on Saturday August 1st and spoke to pleasant woman who tried again to transfer me to Matt our service advisor. Matt never picked up so she tried to find out the status of our vehicle to no avail. she assured me someone would call us back on Monday (the 3rd) to let us know whats going on.
Never got a call all day so I called them back about 4 pm, this time I called the Body shop. Dakota informed me that our wrangler was in fact in the body shop awaiting approval from jeep for the repairs. He also informed me that the corrosion was on the door hinges and doors as well. He told me they were going to go ahead and get started on the repairs.
By now we are in need of a vehicle to drive as the jeep is my wife's transportation. Dakota kindly gave us a loaner car which we picked up Tuesday August 4th to use while the repairs were being done.
Fast forward to Monday August 17th. I figured they should be done with our jeep by now and call in the morning to check. The person that answers inform me shes not sure whats going on and the manger would call me back by 12. Well 12 came and went without a call. Today (18th) I call and speak to the body shop manager, Matthew? He tells me they are still waiting on approval ????? They would go ahead and fix the hinges, supposedly by Friday. But I would need to bring it back for the door paint work as its a big job to remove the doors?
Now the jeep has been there 5 weeks and I'm losing my patience. I'm hoping "jeep cares" can step in and offer us some assistance.

Quote Reply

[ATTACH=full]360204[/ATTACH]
Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderlineStrike-through

Text colorFont familyFont size

Insert linkInsert imageSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

DraftsToggle BB code
Sponsored