Sponsored

My horrible dealer visit experience

Schipperke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback ; Ford F150
Wings are typically bolted on, spar through fuselage. Air frames tend to be riveted as well, not welded. Perhaps the answer to all of Jeeps problems is using bolts and rivets.
Sponsored

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, Flex
The joys of going from the freezer to the bench in A&P class and getting as many rivets done as you can before they warm up.

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
He's talking about an OEM part, not an aftermarket part. OEM parts should carry the same manufacturer's warranty regardless of where it was purchased, especially a gas cap!
I had bought one of those also online from another source and followed a video on youtube to key it using my Jeep's key. It's not hard, just have to pay attention.

The point here is the rudeness and poor customer service and I think it's this way for the majority of Jeep dealers across USA.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
He's talking about an OEM part, not an aftermarket part. OEM parts should carry the same manufacturer's warranty regardless of where it was purchased, especially a gas cap!
I had bought one of those also online from another source and followed a video on youtube to key it using my Jeep's key. It's not hard, just have to pay attention.

The point here is the rudeness and poor customer service and I think it's this way for the majority of Jeep dealers across USA.
It’s not an OEM part. It’s an accessory sold by an OE manufacturer. The difference matters.

comagt

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
whoa, wait. I have a locking mopar cap and it came with a tiny little key for it. My FOB key doesn't work on it.
Two different part numbers. You can get it with a secondary key or your oem key. I just keyed and installed my own this last weekend. I also install the Mopar hood lock and keyed it. TBH, just key it yourself, it is super easy to do and avoid the dealer headaches.
Sponsored