Sponsored

Golden eagle

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
My first jeep was a 77 cj7 golden eagle which a factory 304 v8 full time 4 wheel drive and 12 mpg but oh how I lived that thing so many adventures Anyway i had bsck surgery and was going to out my snorkel on my the Dr said pay jeep or pay me so i had the dealer do it. But they screwed up the cut in the hood so they had to replace the hood . Well they had given me a base model stick to drive more about that later. Bottom line i wanted my rubicon back but when i went to pick it up they had not put the rubicon decals/stickers on the hood. I checked with parts and they said that those stickers are OUT OF STOCK WITH NO RESTOCK INFO HE SAID COULD BE A WEEK OR 3 MONTHS! So i got it anyway. Here is the question .
Should I leave it off? Wait For it or track down a retro golden eagle sticker and put that on the hood sort of homepge to my old 77?
On another note I drove that stick all over from sand Diego to santa Barbara from san Diego to Malibu i got pretty used to driving it in traffic! When in it in my jeep my left foot kept looking for the clutch and i kept grabbing the automatic

Here is my impression of the jeep it was absolutely bottom trim level hand crank widows no power locks cloth reg soft top
Its really easy to lock your keys in I touch the manual lock close the door your done ! It s also easy to break into just peel open the side window on the soft top i locked the keys in 3 times the back doors are a pita. No key hole so you can't unlock with a key only by rotating the little lock switch on the handle.

The 6 speed manal is easy to drive i isnt driven a stick in 20 years just like riding s bicycle! 6th gear is almost useless unless it' dead flat with a tail wind i found my self using 5th on the freeway and for hills on the freeway sometimes 4th.

I had a short off road trip and the 4x4 system works great! You can really feel the traction .So in a eek I went from my top of the line rubicon pretty well loaded to the most basic. Bottom line
You know without a doubt it' a jeep and even in the lowest trim its damn good!
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Just order a decal from pixeldecals. They can make it look just like the factory one, or customize it anyway you like.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I say go full on Golden Eagle. it will be unique and really yours. Post pics!

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Go with the Golden Eagle BUT... Still have your dealer order the Rubicon decals and give them to you when they get it. Keep them and same them for later (use or sale).

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
My first jeep was a 77 cj7 golden eagle which a factory 304 v8 full time 4 wheel drive and 12 mpg but oh how I lived that thing so many adventures Anyway i had bsck surgery and was going to out my snorkel on my the Dr said pay jeep or pay me so i had the dealer do it. But they screwed up the cut in the hood so they had to replace the hood . Well they had given me a base model stick to drive more about that later. Bottom line i wanted my rubicon back but when i went to pick it up they had not put the rubicon decals/stickers on the hood. I checked with parts and they said that those stickers are OUT OF STOCK WITH NO RESTOCK INFO HE SAID COULD BE A WEEK OR 3 MONTHS! So i got it anyway. Here is the question .
Should I leave it off? Wait For it or track down a retro golden eagle sticker and put that on the hood sort of homepge to my old 77?
On another note I drove that stick all over from sand Diego to santa Barbara from san Diego to Malibu i got pretty used to driving it in traffic! When in it in my jeep my left foot kept looking for the clutch and i kept grabbing the automatic

Here is my impression of the jeep it was absolutely bottom trim level hand crank widows no power locks cloth reg soft top
Its really easy to lock your keys in I touch the manual lock close the door your done ! It s also easy to break into just peel open the side window on the soft top i locked the keys in 3 times the back doors are a pita. No key hole so you can't unlock with a key only by rotating the little lock switch on the handle.

The 6 speed manal is easy to drive i isnt driven a stick in 20 years just like riding s bicycle! 6th gear is almost useless unless it' dead flat with a tail wind i found my self using 5th on the freeway and for hills on the freeway sometimes 4th.

I had a short off road trip and the 4x4 system works great! You can really feel the traction .So in a eek I went from my top of the line rubicon pretty well loaded to the most basic. Bottom line
You know without a doubt it' a jeep and even in the lowest trim its damn good!

My Dad had the exact same CJ-7 Golden Eagle I remember the day he bought it brand new off the showroom floor. I would kill to have that Jeep back! I was just a kid and felt so cool when Daisy Duke had the same Jeep.

Sponsored

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I was checking out one of the Mopar parts websites and along with the Rubicon, Moab, and Sahara stickers were Golden Eagle side stickers 6NJ911XFAA. There was also a stylized bird 6NJ901XFAA. Upcoming special edition?