nctouring

First Name
Line
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
So, long story short - I bought a NIB gobi rack from a manager at 4WP who had posted the rack on Facebook. It was described as a 2 door JL. I went to 4WP and it was in the back, all still in the box. He assured me it was a 2 door. He couldn’t find the invoice (apparently ordered for a 4 door, but when it came in it was a 2 door). I bought it.

2 months later, time to put the hard top back on and install. Get every done and go to put the basket on and it is TOO long. It is for a 4 door!

I’ve email Paul at Gobi, but haven’t heard anything back. I called service and asked if it was possible to buy a 2D basket since everything else seems to be the same. They “don’t“ do that

my options appear to be:

1) try to sell my 4 door rack now, but discount it because they will have to order the adhesive plates because they are mounted to my rig. Then order the 2 door

2) order a 2 door version and wait 2-3 months, then Sell the 4 door version if someone will buy it. So I dont have to take off all the mounting hardwear.

3) take the current set up to a metal fab guy and see if the basket can be cut down.

Mostly I am upset that Gobi doesn’t seem to want to work with me. I researched this pretty heavy, and the gobi hit all of my needs. (Photo includes picture of guy that sold me the rack )

Jeep Wrangler JL Gobi Rack Problems F713EB0B-AFC7-4265-8C06-182632C5A285
Sponsored

Johnnysheep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I’d order the 2 door. when it comes you’ll have zero trouble selling the four door.

OP
OP
nctouring

nctouring

First Name
Line
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
update - Paul from Gobi has reached out and it looks like they will make an exception and sell me a 2D basket. If I go that route, I’ll have a 4D basket sitting in the garage, but things will fit right!

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
What was the actual lead time paul from gobi told you ?

Does your rack have the freedom top filler panels ?
My rack should be here in the next couple weeks and I'd consider picking those up if you have them.

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What was the actual lead time paul from gobi told you ?

Does your rack have the freedom top filler panels ?
My rack should be here in the next couple weeks and I'd consider picking those up if you have them.
I received my Gobi Ranger rack for my JLUR right before Christmas and unless you order the sunroof insert it does not come with it.

Sponsored

Engine Guy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
update - Paul from Gobi has reached out and it looks like they will make an exception and sell me a 2D basket. If I go that route, I’ll have a 4D basket sitting in the garage, but things will fit right!
How did you get a response from Paul? I’ve been waiting almost 2 weeks for a response about parts. I love the product but at this rate I may sell it and move on...

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get a response from Paul? I’ve been waiting almost 2 weeks for a response about parts. I love the product but at this rate I may sell it and move on...
I have both the customer service lady’s and shipping lady’s email address if you want them. PM me if u want them
Sponsored