First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
How do you store the soft top for the winter since you've already installed it and put it together ? Don't want to break it all down and put it back in that box again. Do you have to take it all apart again ? If not where would you store it or how ? I guess you can hang it from the cables in the air like the hardtop couldnt you
I added it up in a post, it will be 10 pieces plus a bunch of screws. In Michigan we got basements, so I am all set, basically it will be:
1 - 3 windows laying on a shelf with a towel or felt between them
2 - The soft top itself, bundled back in its shipping plastic, or just strapped together. This could go on a shelf, or hang.
3 - The 4 pieces of the door surrounds (wish the whole side was 1 piece, but what can you do)
4 - The 2 rear corner pieces. Wish Jeep could have modified the tub a bit to make these "connect points" part of the permanent tub.

So all will be on 1 or two shelves in the basement (where the freedom tops are hanging out right now).

The only thing you don't need to take apart is the rear door surround, it comes as 2 pieces for shipping (yeah crazy that in that huge box, they still needed to break that into 2 pieces), and the two metal brackets that attach to the "Sport bar" can stay year round too.

Besttop needs to hire some packing engineers on the soft-top box, it really is bigger than it needed to be. But I am sure they wanted something easy for shipping between them and the Jeep Assembly plant, so there were outside factors imposed on them.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It's been 5 years with the hardtop and that's all. I know putting a soft top on is it going to be pretty loud since I'm not used to it and I heard if you have a light bar the wind come out the back of the light bar will pop the top of the soft top and make it loud will it be hard to get used to. Just wonder if my wife and daughter will complain but I sure want to have those nice days where I can just pull it back and enjoy no top

Safemonkey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, Previously had 2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I found this video and it was helpful

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
It's been 5 years with the hardtop and that's all. I know putting a soft top on is it going to be pretty loud since I'm not used to it and I heard if you have a light bar the wind come out the back of the light bar will pop the top of the soft top and make it loud will it be hard to get used to. Just wonder if my wife and daughter will complain but I sure want to have those nice days where I can just pull it back and enjoy no top
When my wife and I went on our test drive we specifically drove a soft top to see how loud it was. My wife is typically over-sensitive to these kinds of things and to my surprise it wasn't any louder than my '06 xB. The only road noise that was specifically noticeable was when near an 18-wheeler. I was about 90/10 on hardtop, but now i am leaning more soft top, but will take what I can get.

I knew mostly what to expect because of a buddy's Defender, and from what I remember from that, it was substantially quieter than I remember. Probably on par with a Porsche Boxster spyder.
Sponsored