Get off my Jeep!

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Found this fella checking out my lift up close.

Yup looking for something to chew on. They chewed on my hood liner when mine was brand new and half of it is gone.
Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Used to park our Jeep across from where we stored the garbage cans, until the local raccoons decided the hood of the Jeep was a great place to sit and eat the stuff they pulled out of the garbage. After a few mornings of finding dirty raccoon tracks all over the black Wrangler hood, along with the garbage they found too repulsive to eat, we rearranged how the vehicles and garbage cans are stored.

Best,
-Tim

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Used to park our Jeep across from where we stored the garbage cans, until the local raccoons decided the hood of the Jeep was a great place to sit and eat the stuff they pulled out of the garbage. After a few mornings of finding dirty raccoon tracks all over the black Wrangler hood, along with the garbage they found too repulsive to eat, we rearranged how the vehicles and garbage cans are stored.

Best,
-Tim
Zimmern on the cooking channel would eat those suckers. 😂

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Just had a $5100 insurance claim on one of our vehicles due to squirrels chewing up the engine harness. We saw the same thing as you, squirrels climbing up through the wheel wells. Be careful letting those jerks climb around too much.
Did your comp insurance cover the work? Our Grand Cherokee was chewed up and I found a small nest under the hood, Fortunately, I was able to take my time and splice wires to repair the damage. Everything worked as it should so I never did find what those wires were actually for.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Did your comp insurance cover the work? Our Grand Cherokee was chewed up and I found a small nest under the hood, Fortunately, I was able to take my time and splice wires to repair the damage. Everything worked as it should so I never did find what those wires were actually for.
Yep, comprehensive covered everything, we just paid the deductible. I attempted to splice the wires together, but they got a couple of spots at the connectors. I waited a few days for some molex pins from Amazon to arrive, and the squirrels chewed through my spliced wires again. I called the insurance company right away after finding that.

It was a huge pain in the ass, the car was in the shop for a month waiting for parts. But Geico was great the entire time. And now both vehicles are in the garage.

Sponsored

Lmike6453

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude (Black)

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Yep, comprehensive covered everything, we just paid the deductible. I attempted to splice the wires together, but they got a couple of spots at the connectors. I waited a few days for some molex pins from Amazon to arrive, and the squirrels chewed through my spliced wires again. I called the insurance company right away after finding that.

It was a huge pain in the ass, the car was in the shop for a month waiting for parts. But Geico was great the entire time. And now both vehicles are in the garage.
I had not considered the comp insurance but will if this occurs a second time. What I did do was to purchase the rodent scent pacs and put them where the nest was. Another action I took was to thin the herd of chipmunks and red squirrels. So far, no repeat offenders.
Sponsored