Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Clean off the footprints before going to a dealer. I had a bad locker sensor and the 1st thing the dealer did was pop the hood with a flashlight. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Looking for signs of rodents. If we see any signs of rodents that have been under the hood it voids any warranty items related to electrical issues."
A rodent looking for rodents. Huh.
Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
I'd never experienced anything like this until I stayed in Las Vegas back in 2018. Roof rats decided to make a nest in my GMC Sierra air cleaner box...while it was in the garage! No idea how they got into the garage much less why they decided on my truck and not my roommates car 😂

Pests WILL find a way if you let them stick around. Squirrels are becoming like geese, less and less fearful of people. I'd get pest control involved, poison them, or blast the bastard things to pieces with a pellet gun or something 😆

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Pests WILL find a way if you let them stick around. Squirrels are becoming like geese, less and less fearful of people. I'd get pest control involved, poison them, or blast the bastard things to pieces with a pellet gun or something 😆
Super Colibris and an AR-7 w/cut springs, if you please. 👍

(I intended to insert a whistling emoji, but they all look like kissy faces...and I just want to be friends 😎)

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Looks like the start of a nice stew. Just need a few more.

They are destructive critters though, they will tear up anything to make a nest or hide their stash. Better discourage that quickly.
They are pretty tasty though.
:like:

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Does anyone have some good approaches, ideally "passive ones" (no shotguns thanks) to motivate critters away from our JLs?

I have a roof rack. It seems that birds loved its cylindrical pipes to perch on--and this was an issue for me particularly during the height of Covid when the JL sat on a trickle charger on my driveway.

Anyway--connecting this bird-b-gone device to the center of the roof (rack) proved very effective...much that its placement and removal would be a hassle for a vehicle used at least weekly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Get off my Jeep! 1678978336289

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Does anyone have some good approaches, ideally "passive ones" (no shotguns thanks) to motivate critters away from our JLs?

I have a roof rack. It seems that birds loved its cylindrical pipes to perch on--and this was an issue for me particularly during the height of Covid when the JL sat on a trickle charger on my driveway.

Anyway--connecting this bird-b-gone device to the center of the roof (rack) proved very effective...much that its placement and removal would be a hassle for a vehicle used at least weekly.

Jeep Wrangler JL Get off my Jeep! 1678978336289
That's an interesting contraption.

Used to have problems with pigeons on my old Toyota 4x4 at a Fire Station I was once assigned to, even had squirrels get in engine & get chewed up by the alternator belt (that was a messy cleanup). Best thing I could find was about a 5ft long rubber chicken snake. Laid it on the wiper cowl, no birds near it & no other critters too. Did have to put the windshield wipers on it though to keep this falcon from trying to get it. I have seen others use an owl replica as well.
:captain:

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
That's an interesting contraption.

Used to have problems with pigeons on my old Toyota 4x4 at a Fire Station I was once assigned to, even had squirrels get in engine & get chewed up by the alternator belt (that was a messy cleanup). Best thing I could find was about a 5ft long rubber chicken snake. Laid it on the wiper cowl, no birds near it & no other critters too. Did have to put the windshield wipers on it though to keep this falcon from trying to get it. I have seen others use an owl replica as well.
:captain:
a common product for boat owners I understand... :)

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
a common product for boat owners I understand... :)
Absolutely, the owl works great on keeping the varmints out of my boat. Just have to move it around. I do keep that rubber snake in the gas tank area of the boat, just in case. Haven't had squirrels in the boat in years.
:rock:

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Y’all are worried about squirrels and other small critters in the engine compartment - which I do too. Here in FL, we also have this to contend with. This was in Tampa.
Jeep Wrangler JL Get off my Jeep! CCBCE123-BD36-4376-892C-33F54D45FCCE

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Found this instructional video for ya...

Jeep Wrangler JL Get off my Jeep! CCBCE123-BD36-4376-892C-33F54D45FCCE

I had to do that to a hamster once.... only the coat was a plastic grocery bag and I didn't have to catch it, it had a broken back so it didn't really move.
Sponsored