General question on TSB's and new orders

JBean42

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Acura TLX A-Spec; 2020 Chevy Silverado
I have a question about TSB's in general. When a problem is widespread, and they issue s TSB, do they make adjustments in manufacturing for vehicles that are built after the issue is identified? Or do they just send out a TSB and keep making the cars with the issues and it's up to the owners to identify and take in for mitigation? Thanks.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
TSB's are generally only a concern to vehicles manufactured before the bulletin is issued. The assembly line makes all necessary adjustments to limit the amount of affected units. Unfortunately, dealers typically don't bother to apply the tsb's to their inventory before selling to the general public.

OP
OP
JBean42

JBean42

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSB's are generally only a concern to vehicles manufactured before the bulletin is issued. The assembly line makes all necessary adjustments to limit the amount of affected units. Unfortunately, dealers typically don't bother to apply the tsb's to their inventory before selling to the general public.
perfect. THANK YOU for this info.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
perfect. THANK YOU for this info.
Glad to help! And welcome to the community!

Out of curiosity, are you asking because you're having an issue? Also, there's a sticky thread with a list of tsb's and whatnot in the issues subforum right above the suspension subforum.

OP
OP
JBean42

JBean42

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to help! And welcome to the community!

Out of curiosity, are you asking because you're having an issue? Also, there's a sticky thread with a list of tsb's and whatnot in the issues subforum right above the suspension subforum.
Ha ha. I am asking because I went down a rabbit hole with the paint bubbling/corrosion thread and saw the TSB issued. Was curious if AFTER they issued the TSB if it would be reasonable to expect that the issue would have been addressed at the factory or if I should prepare to potentially have issues. A little disquieting given I placed a factory order.
Sponsored