OP
OP
Notty

Notty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2018 Ford Raptor; 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Are you sure if you toggle through the options for the display between the speedo and tach that one of them is not "diagnostics"? Using the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel (arrows)? I am guessing it does not because I looked in the online owners manual and there is no mention of it (but there is no mention of it in my Challenger's manual either). My Dodge Challenger has basically the same system and dash as the new Wrangler, and I can toggle through to diagnostics, then choose "stores trouble codes" and it displays the code. My Challenger likes to throw P00443 on occasion which is the EVAP circuit. Had the assembly replaced twice, and it still does it intermittently. So it is a short in the circuit that the dealer is not able to figure out. So I live with it for now. But it will go in again just before the warranty is over...and will document this is a trouble issue that started during the factory warranty period and has not been remedied.

Good luck. Hopefully it is a minor problem. Get an OBDII port reader. Not very expensive...and at least you will know what the reported issue is before you take it in...
Yeah I went through all the screens in Uconnect as well as all the screens in the EVIC between the speedo and tach and found nothing. There is a "Messages" area but al it said was "No stored messages".

My OBDII dongle will be here tomorrow so I Can pull the code should it happen again. It'll also be going to the dealer if it happens again as well. I'll be sure to have it all documented very well if it seems to be a real issue and not an odd glitch.
Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I wasn't able to determine the code through Uconnect or any combination of flashing dash lights like I have seen in other vehicles. Now that could be due to the fact I couldn't find any info online yet that explains that procedure on the new JL or I could have just missed it. But I did try everything I could to find something. I did just order an OBDII dongle as suggested and will have that handy to pull codes should this happen again.
Which one did you order?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Ive been in several limp mode situations. Here is the difference I've noticed..
Check engine light: ding! Hey bro, I know you got places to be but later on when you get some free time could you get me scanned?

Limp mode:. BRO shut me off, shut me the hell off! Ding DiNG DING flash flash FLASH blink blink blink! You seeing and hearing me bro! Shut me down now! Honk!
There are limp mode situations where the Jeep will be just fine, albeit you lose power due to RPM limiting, but the computer won't freak out. Bad oil pressure readings where the computer actually knows the sensor is bad is one example.

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
There are limp mode situations where the Jeep will be just fine, albeit you lose power due to RPM limiting, but the computer won't freak out. Bad oil pressure readings where the computer actually knows the sensor is bad is one example.
I wouldn't know. Never owned a Jeep before..

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Get a bluetooth one - no wire. Wired dongles get complicated when connecting to a phone. Bluetooth ones are universal and will work with essentially any phone.
Great info! Thanks. Going to do this :)

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I'd take it in if it were me before clearing the code by disconnecting. That early in the life I'd be wanting some answers

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just stop by Autozone or Advance Auto and they can scan the code for you.

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
I just looked this up as I hadn't seen it before. It looks like you plug a OBDII dongle into the vehicle that is enabled for Wi-Fi or bluetooth. You then download an app to your phone, connect the app to the dongle via Wi-Fi or bluetooth, and once connected you can read codes, reset them, etc. I will be purchasing this setup ASAP.
Type R, what color?
Sponsored