Service ESS and ESC on brand new 2019 JLU

Inspector94

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
So i brought my 2019 Wrangler Rubicon with 15 miles yesterday and before even driving off the lot i noticed a light which at the time i didn't know what it meant so didn't pay much attention to it. When i got home i looked it up and noticed it was the service ESS light and the service ESC light was also on. I found a few threads regarding ESS and ESC service where they were on and off, but for me it is always on even right after a complete restart. So now i have a wrangler with on 30 miles, just sitting in the garage till Monday when i can bring it in for service. Read a few posts saying they experienced power steering loss or the engine just stopping with them lights on so i'm going to let it sit for now.

I have checked the fuses and tried disconnecting the door cables but nothing changed. Any other ideas i could try? Hope i don't have to leave the wrangler with the dealer for weeks like others i have read about. This is a bad start to wrangler ownership! But the wrangler looks great sitting there... Thanks

EDIT: Took it in for service and they found 3 codes U120C C108201 C125292 which lead to 3 pins not being seated in the connector. Glad it wasn't a bigger issue :D
Sponsored

Last edited:

Buttsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hats off to the Dealer for a quick review, diagnosis, and repair. On this site Dealers are always lower then gum stuck to a shoe. Let's acknowledge when they perform well. Only fair......

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
So i brought my 2019 Wrangler Rubicon with 15 miles yesterday and before even driving off the lot i noticed a light which at the time i didn't know what it meant so didn't pay much attention to it. When i got home i looked it up and noticed it was the service ESS light and the service ESC light was also on. I found a few threads regarding ESS and ESC service where they were on and off, but for me it is always on even right after a complete restart. So now i have a wrangler with on 30 miles, just sitting in the garage till Monday when i can bring it in for service. Read a few posts saying they experienced power steering loss or the engine just stopping with them lights on so i'm going to let it sit for now.

I have checked the fuses and tried disconnecting the door cables but nothing changed. Any other ideas i could try? Hope i don't have to leave the wrangler with the dealer for weeks like others i have read about. This is a bad start to wrangler ownership! But the wrangler looks great sitting there... Thanks

EDIT: Took it in for service and they found 3 codes U120C C108201 C125292 which lead to 3 pins not being seated in the connector. Glad it wasn't a bigger issue :D
No issues since?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica