Sponsored

Gauge display keeps losing my settings...

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have my center display set to put the temp on the left, the time in the middle, and the miles remaining (fuel) on the right.
In the morning when I start the Jeep, everything is as it should be. However, almost every day when I head home for work, the left display has been changed to compass heading and the right display shows the temperature.

When I go into screen 9 to reset the options, the proper settings are checked- but blank (if I scroll up one and then back down, the correct choice was actually checked for each position- but I have to reselect it to fix the display).

Am I going crazy, or is this a known issue? I've probably reset the thing 10 times. Also- perhaps related- even though I normally connect via a cable to use Android Autoplay, if I just connect via Bluetooth the Jeep doesn't seem to remember my phone (it asks me if it can have access to my contacts every time- even though I select "Yes" and "Don't ask again" each time). It works fine once I answer the questions, but in the Jeeps I've rented while traveling, the Jeep always remembers my phone once I've paired it once.
Sponsored

Steve949

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue.

I have my center display set to put the temp on the left, the time in the middle, and the miles remaining (fuel) on the right.
In the morning when I start the Jeep, everything is as it should be. However, almost every day when I head home for work, the left display has been changed to compass heading and the right display shows the temperature.

When I go into screen 9 to reset the options, the proper settings are checked- but blank (if I scroll up one and then back down, the correct choice was actually checked for each position- but I have to reselect it to fix the display).

Am I going crazy, or is this a known issue? I've probably reset the thing 10 times. Also- perhaps related- even though I normally connect via a cable to use Android Autoplay, if I just connect via Bluetooth the Jeep doesn't seem to remember my phone (it asks me if it can have access to my contacts every time- even though I select "Yes" and "Don't ask again" each time). It works fine once I answer the questions, but in the Jeeps I've rented while traveling, the Jeep always remembers my phone once I've paired it once.

OP
OP
Varilux

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Steve949 said:
Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue.
Yes, the issues with the gauge cluster became progressively worse. Eventually things got to a point where the odometer would read "99999" upon startup and/or the gear indicators would fail to appear.

I took it to my Jeep dealer, who reflashed the gauge cluster (and radio) with updated patches, which fixed a number of issues (e.g., losing my pre-set displays, all the issues with the cluster not displaying properly, and also it fixed certain aspects of my AndroidAuto experience- particularly when using GoogleMaps).

I would recommend taking it to the dealer and letting them reflash your cluster.

Steve949

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I was hoping it wouldn't involved a trip to the dealer, but thank you for the answer.

Ken Sommers

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 2021 Silverado 1500
My gauge display went black this morning. Dealer says it threw a handful of codes, wait and see.
Sponsored