Sponsored

Problems losing my audio in Jeep

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hi Jeepers...I need your help please. I'm having an issue where my Jeep loses all audio power (music, back up alert, gps) after I've used my iPhone plugged in to Carplay. I've read through other threads on what I believe may be this same issue and tried the recommendations (hold down the green phone and voice command keys simultaneously for 30 seconds to reset Uconnect), and nothing. I've rebooted my phone several times; cut/restarted my Jeep several times, nada. I've gone all through my phone and every option in the Jeep media interface and I don't see what I'm missing or why the audio just(seemingly) arbitrarily cuts out. The phone appears to be paired okay. Carplay is on and allowed to 'play while locked' (under General/Carplay in my iPhone). Also weirdly my iPhone audio/alerts don't work when I'm in my Jeep. I can't use Siri, don't hear the TM tone come through when I get messages and don't hear my phone GPS voice when I'm using that cause my Jeep gps isn't talking to me.

Heeeeeeelppppp!!!! Thank you so much.

Ride on,
Cricket
Sponsored

Av8Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Does it work normally when your phone is plugged in and your not using CarPlay? Which iPhone are you using and what iOS?

I've tried to use CarPlay in my wife's Cayenne, our Ford F150, and my Jeep with iPhone 11 on 14.8.1., it didn't work well in any of them. After every time I disconnected it, I'd tell UConnect to call Bob, for example and it would come back with some really bizarre and usually funny confirmations.

I got tired of messing with and reset the UConnect, but I did it differently than you did.

I held down the hot and cold buttons until the reset menu came up, selected reset radio, and then selected reset to factory default and every (except CarPlay) works great again.

I can't wait for the new Apple self driving car....

LDJD79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi Jeepers...I need your help please. I'm having an issue where my Jeep loses all audio power (music, back up alert, gps) after I've used my iPhone plugged in to Carplay. I've read through other threads on what I believe may be this same issue and tried the recommendations (hold down the green phone and voice command keys simultaneously for 30 seconds to reset Uconnect), and nothing. I've rebooted my phone several times; cut/restarted my Jeep several times, nada. I've gone all through my phone and every option in the Jeep media interface and I don't see what I'm missing or why the audio just(seemingly) arbitrarily cuts out. The phone appears to be paired okay. Carplay is on and allowed to 'play while locked' (under General/Carplay in my iPhone). Also weirdly my iPhone audio/alerts don't work when I'm in my Jeep. I can't use Siri, don't hear the TM tone come through when I get messages and don't hear my phone GPS voice when I'm using that cause my Jeep gps isn't talking to me.

Heeeeeeelppppp!!!! Thank you so much.

Ride on,
Cricket
This happens to me occasionally, never considered it may be the Carplay causing the bug. Sometimes I am able to get the audio back by click on AM tuner from the display (I know doesn't make sense). A couple of times, I have had to reboot the radio, but I have a tazerJL for my 37's and 4.88 gears and use it to reboot the radio. That fixes it everytime.
Sponsored