Sponsored

Front brake chirp

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
It’s the inferior quality of the oem brake pads. The noise will come and go with temperature and humidity. It’s annoying.
Do you think it could be due to dust? I recently started hearing the chirp while depressing the brake pedal at low speeds. Nothing is leaking from the calipers, and I only have 15k miles, so not worn pads.
Sponsored

Cunky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Jumping in to say I have the same noise. The front drivers side has a distinct "chirp" when pressing the break pedal. That same wheel also has some squeaking from the suspension that I can hear when driving with the windows down. 12K miles on this jeep and it started about 3K miles ago.

KeithF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 80th Anniversary
I recently took care of this chirp on my front brakes, it had been doing this since right after I bought it with 23 miles on it. It comes from the clip on the brake pad "ears" that hold them in the caliper and pull the pads back from the rotor. Just clean them off and use a small amount of brake lube, I used Wurth copper anti seize paste. do not get any of this on the brake pad surface or the rotor

djherdez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU - High Altitude
It’s the inferior quality of the oem brake pads. The noise will come and go with temperature and humidity. It’s annoying.
Is there an aftermarket upgrade for the pads that you’d recommend? Thanks!

OceanBlue_33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ Sahara, 2020 JLU Sahara
Hi all, I'm new here... ✌

Sooo my 2020 JL has this chirp I think

Only does it in warm weather. It's really loud in the drive thru... Same same?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent brake pad upgrade like the last guy asked?

TIA
Sponsored