Freedom Top-no screws?

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I've looked at several pics/videos and can't tell for certain. It looks as though they did away with the screws that go through the back of the freedom panels and into the sound bar. Can anyone confirm? I hope they did, those things are a pain in the arse.
Sponsored

jessep13

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU on order
That is correct, it is a latch system now. You can see in this video around the 8:30 mark...

OP
OP
dgriffin1671

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
That is correct, it is a latch system now. You can see in this video around the 8:30 mark...

Thanks, I hadn't seen that video yet

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like the hard top electrical plug and washer hose holder they incorporated into the back, I had not seen that until this video. This could be a big reason why us that did not order hard tops have been delayed now that I think about it. I mean non hard top Jeeps probably do not come with the rear washer hoses, or rear washer/wiper electrical control on the column. I doubt they come electrically pre wired for a hard top either....who knows.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does the standard black hard top have the ability to remove just henback panels? Or is that only on the body colored top?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dgriffin1671

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Does the standard black hard top have the ability to remove just henback panels? Or is that only on the body colored top?
I'm assuming you are referring to the side window panels? Thats only on the power slide top. I wish you could do that on the regular hard top.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm assuming you are referring to the side window panels? Thats only on the power slide top. I wish you could do that on the regular hard top.
Oh bummer. I hoped that was a standard change for the other tops.

Thanks

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I like the hard top electrical plug and washer hose holder they incorporated into the back, I had not seen that until this video. This could be a big reason why us that did not order hard tops have been delayed now that I think about it. I mean non hard top Jeeps probably do not come with the rear washer hoses, or rear washer/wiper electrical control on the column. I doubt they come electrically pre wired for a hard top either....who knows.
On the JK it was easier and cheaper to order the hardtop with the vehicle. The wiper stalk, lines for washer fluid and wiring harness need to be added if you go with a soft top to hardtop. Plus the $1095 upcharge is way cheaper than buying a hardtop which would be double that once you figure parts and labor to make everything function on the hardtop.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
i was not considering the Red color, was thinking blue or silver but this is one great looking Jeep that now is making me think twice about color choice.

Thanks for posting
Sponsored