First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Any of you install the SMI Air Force One supplimental brake system in your V6 equiped Wrangler?

The installation is pretty straight forward except I'm not sure how to tap into the Jeep's vacuum line. As you know, you end up with 8 - 9" of line, including the 'T' fitting and the check valve, that needs to be spliced into the vehicle's vacuum line. The line from the vacuum canister to the engine is molded and hardly has 3" of straight section in it, but lots of twists and turns. How'd you do it?

20200116_145222.jpg

Solution

Added an extra loop of vacuum line, only required removing about a (curved) 3" section of the OEM line. Was able to install the "T" and check valve in the loop.

20200119_115206.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

periopnurse

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Any of you install the SMI Air Force One supplimental brake system in your V6 equiped Wrangler?

The installation is pretty straight forward except I'm not sure how to tap into the Jeep's vacuum line. As you know, you end up with 8 - 9" of line, including the 'T' fitting and the check valve, that needs to be spliced into the vehicle's vacuum line. The line from the vacuum canister to the engine is molded and hardly has 3" of straight section in it, but lots of twists and turns. How'd you do it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Found solution ... installing Air Force One toad brake - V6 20200119_115206

Solution

Added an extra loop of vacuum line, only required removing about a (curved) 3" section of the OEM line. Was able to install the "T" and check valve in the loop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Found solution ... installing Air Force One toad brake - V6 20200119_115206
Nice Solution! I'm trying to install my AF1 now and the vacuum line issue has me stumped with all the twist & turns. Will try this loop method
Leon