fog light harness removal?????

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Probably different from Sahara. I have taken two bumpers off of Sahara JLs.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Looks good! Did you get your fog light wiring out of the old one?
I did get the harness out. I just pried between the steel and plastic so there was enough of a gap and it allowed me to get the harness out.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I'm having this same issue with the Sport bumper. The Sahara and Rubicon are different and have multiple screws/clips but the sport doesn't. I'm stumped on how to separate the metal plate from the plastic cover and I'm not able to pry them apart enough to get the wire harness clips out. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
I took a long screwdriver and used it to get under the tape which is holding on the harness in several places. Also used a screwdriver to pry off the Christmas tree that was retaining it in a couple places. But to do that I had to pry it away from the inner steel plate. You'll have to use a long pry bar or tire iron to do it and put some force on it.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
You have to unscrew all of the 15-20 little bolts/screws around the top and bottom of the bumper. Basically, you completely disassemble the bumper to get to the harness. You have to lift off the steel plating and remove the tow hooks too. When you see the harness, you then pull out about 10 little plugs that hold it in place, it's a real PITA. I did this last week so I could reuse my stock plastic bumper wiring harness and fogs on a Rubicon steel bumper (with an adapter which works beautifully btw). Good luck but it can be done.
link to adapter?