First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Recurring problem not fixed after three attempts

Out of service for repair for 30 cumulative days
Not there yet, but gettin' close. This was supposed to be my dream vehicle that I worked a lifetime to achieve. So much for fairy tales.
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Just wondering when all these service visits qualify my vehicle for the lemon law? I could write a dissertation about all of the headaches I've been through so far this year.
Is your only open concern a leaking differential? A leaking differential doesn't separate a dream vehicle from a lemon. If your dealer can't satisfy the leaking diff to your satisfaction, take it to another dealer as it is still under warranty.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Not there yet, but gettin' close. This was supposed to be my dream vehicle that I worked a lifetime to achieve. So much for fairy tales.
Crawl under it and fix it. Or for the love of god, at least take more pictures. I’m dying to know what the cause of the leak is. Is your cover bent?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I couldnt stop laughing when I saw the red handprint. Sorry.

anyway. You can easily fix that ugly handprint with black paint rattlecan and sandpaper.

Your Jeep is a lemon because it has an oil leak?. Just take it to another dealer.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
He said 18 visits since April!
Where did he say this?

Also, the state requires that “defects or conditions substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle.”

OP
OP
Bad Scott

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your only open concern a leaking differential? A leaking differential doesn't separate a dream vehicle from a lemon. If your dealer can't satisfy the leaking diff to your satisfaction, take it to another dealer as it is still under warranty.
No, I have had so many issues you wouldn't believe it. It started when my vehicle was delivered with the wrong tires and then they tried to say I ordered it wrong (I built my Rubicon on the website and sent it to them). Then it went to the body shop for a chip on the grill...Then three more times for the white paint turning yellow...and on and on.

OP
OP
Bad Scott

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crawl under it and fix it. Or for the love of god, at least take more pictures. I’m dying to know what the cause of the leak is. Is your cover bent?
I will let you know...

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I have had so many issues you wouldn't believe it. It started when my vehicle was delivered with the wrong tires and then they tried to say I ordered it wrong (I built my Rubicon on the website and sent it to them). Then it went to the body shop for a chip on the grill...Then three more times for the white paint turning yellow...and on and on.
No disrespect here at all, but some dealers just suck. I'm originally from Tampa Bay and there are a stack of dealers around Parrish. For me, if I get bad warranty service from a dealership, I'm on to another dealer in a big market like Tampa Bay. The only thing the delivering dealer is on the hook for are items covered under the "We Owe" sheet at delivery.

OP
OP
Bad Scott

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did he say this?

Also, the state requires that “defects or conditions substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle.”
I would like to say, but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. More than half of the issues are manufacture related... I don't know who they have working at product development and the assembly plant, but there's obviously an issue.

OP
OP
Bad Scott

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No disrespect here at all, but some dealers just suck. I'm originally from Tampa Bay and there are a stack of dealers around Parrish. For me, if I get bad warranty service from a dealership, I'm on to another dealer in a big market like Tampa Bay. The only thing the delivering dealer is on the hook for are items covered under the "We Owe" sheet at delivery.
This dealer has been accommodating, but there seems to be a lack of attention to detail.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This dealer has been accommodating, but there seems to be a lack of attention to detail.
If their attention to detail isn't up to your approval, find another dealership for warranty service.

I've mostly been a Honda/Chevrolet person my whole adult life and I know the good Honda and Chevrolet dealers in Tampa Bay. I'm new with Jeep, my delivering dealer wasn't up to my standards on the Jeep, so I'm in the market for a Jeep dealer for warranty service. I figure that I'll use my Jeep Wave services for my vetting scheme (check the oil level before I leave).

It may be a drive, but I do know that Suncoast CJD in Seminole has a good reputation, and they've been in business and doing the same thing forever! My folks live in St. Pete, so if I need a second dealer to take a look at something I'll just run it over there when I'm in town.

OP
OP
Bad Scott

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If their attention to detail isn't up to your approval, find another dealership for warranty service.

I've mostly been a Honda/Chevrolet person my whole adult life and I know the good Honda and Chevrolet dealers in Tampa Bay. I'm new with Jeep, my delivering dealer wasn't up to my standards on the Jeep, so I'm in the market for a Jeep dealer for warranty service. I figure that I'll use my Jeep Wave services for my vetting scheme (check the oil level before I leave).

It may be a drive, but I do know that Suncoast CJD in Seminole has a good reputation, and they've been in business and doing the same thing forever! My folks live in St. Pete, so if I need a second dealer to take a look at something I'll just run it over there when I'm in town.
Thanks for the tips. I will keep your advice in mind. I just feel like service and the standard of pride in a person's work ethic has really fallen off of the table. When I do work for people, I try to give them more than they would expect. I guess times are changing.
Sponsored