millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
anyone who has a Flashcal can you help me out. I spent 20 minutes in a very uncomfortable position trying to find the gateway bypass plugs. I have a JLU rubicon and can’t for the life of me find these. Definitely not matching up with the picture in the manual.

If you can attach a pic of yours, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@millerjl

Pull the plastic panel just below the steering column off. Comes off easy. Remove and you will see the target right in front of you. It is directly above OBDll port.

gateway.JPG

Last edited:

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I did it without removing the panel, you do need to be somewhat of a contortionist to get behind the plugs to push in on the tab and pull them out however.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Tabs to release plugs are on the fire wall side of the 2 connectors. I can reach under and pull them off with out looking now, once you know where they are and how easy the unlock tab pushes you should be able to do it blind - putting them back in is a different story.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The panel pops off using your fingers in 5 seconds, and makes it a breeze to unplug these connections.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@millerjl

Can also tell you that the minute it takes to set-up a drop light or other small electrical light in the driver's foot well is a real plus when you are fooling with the "Gateway Module". That's anytime you fool with things under there..

As @Swanny297, alluded to, getting those 2 Gateway Module cables plugged back in (when you take the Bypass Module out in the future) can be a pain, especially if the lighting is poor. Forget the idea of using a flashlight in one hand, etc..

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The panel pops off using your fingers in 5 seconds, and makes it a breeze to unplug these connections.
Sport must be different - I didn’t have to take any panels off. My plugs are in my bypass module but this is a picture looking up from the floor board, very easy to manipulate.

70E3BCE8-0177-4BDC-A647-BB2C4D4B5D91.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Swanny297

No, Sport, Rubi, Sahara, JL/JLU are all alike.

Sure you can leave the panel attached... you can contort and look up and do the deed. I have done that a few times.

But ....SO, so much easier to get at, to visualize, with that panel off. Panel pulls off it 3-4 seconds and goes back on the same way. Clips are very sturdy so no worry about breaking a clip.

I found that good lighting and panel off are also a great combo especially when you go to plug the 2 wires/connectors back into the Gateway module.

gateway.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Tower

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited 4 door, Firecracker Red
Need a pigtail to extend the module to a easy location to get to, any one know of a cable? I have had to take to stock 3 time and with my fat hands and 77 year old body its impossible has cost me $60.00 for a shop to do it 6 time so far.
Sponsored