Sponsored

First Look - Ocean Blue JLU

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
the problem I have with that is I really like this shade of blue and will not know until order banks have closed if it will even be offered in a 2019
Yep - Jeep likes to kill off the bright colors quickly, so I wouldn't be shocked to find Ocean Blue, Mojito and Punk'n gone for 2019.
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
If jeep would have offered the JL in Hydro or Cosmo, those would have been my choice of color if I were to pick any blue.
I'd have preferred Hydro; Ocean is dark enough that I would like to see it first, as the vote may instead go to Mojito.

Ddivinia

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Yep - Jeep likes to kill off the bright colors quickly, so I wouldn't be shocked to find Ocean Blue, Mojito and Punk'n gone for 2019.
Man, I hope not. I want them to work some bugs out AND I want a cool color.

D.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
So, I have to ask: Where did the black fender ā€˜thingā€™ come from? Someone on one of these threads said a ā€œtrue Jeepā€ had to have the black ā€œoffsetā€ fenders, but the reality is all of the original Jeeps (or small ā€œjā€ jeep for military vehicles) were monochromatic and certainly the original of the originals, the flat-fender military jeep (as were all military jeeps), was a solid color. My M38A1 and my CJ were both solid color. My limited research seems to suggest that the YJ might have come with them, but I canā€™t confirm that (certainly the TJ did, except that I ordered the Rocky Mountain edition and the fenders were the same as body color). So, how did we get to where black fenders ā€œmake a Jeep, a Jeep?ā€ Not that I mind the contrast (although I donā€™t own any), just that there is nothing original about black fenders on a Jeep.

By the way, the Ocean Blue looks interesting, but have to see it in person and determine whether it is ā€œnicerā€ than my Hydro Blue & White.

C44AF9CB-9F71-49D7-9D7F-DFAEE2446CE8.jpeg

Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I am going painted fenders and top. Iā€™ve been back and forth on the top for awhile now, especially because Iā€™m delayed due to the painted top. Iā€™m leaning towards painted top since I am getting the dual tops and itā€™ll give my Jeep 2 different looks! As of the most recent pictures I LOVE this blue! I can not wait!!! And just my opinion, I really like these new painted fenders, as the small black trim still gives it that contrast.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Does anyone know of a Fl dealership that is willing to do the 5to6% off invoice not having any luck with ordering 18JLUR

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
The Ocean Blue with all of the black accents is looking very nice.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know of a Fl dealership that is willing to do the 5to6% off invoice not having any luck with ordering 18JLUR
Beck in Palatka

Stephen Fulp
General Manager
(888) 722-5092

Sponsored

Kaycee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Jeep
This looks really good. Seeing the ocean blue 300s kinda made me question if I like it but seeing this color on a wrangler has me convinced that I like it. Now its between Mojito and ocean blue for me.
I

Kaycee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Jeep
This looks really good. Seeing the ocean blue 300s kinda made me question if I like it but seeing this color on a wrangler has me convinced that I like it. Now its between Mojito and ocean blue for me.
I canā€™t decide on Ocean Blue or Mojito - need to make a decision by tomorrow. What did you decide on?

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I canā€™t decide on Ocean Blue or Mojito - need to make a decision by tomorrow. What did you decide on?
I would say it depends.... I love my Ocean Blue, it is bold without being over the top. I think the Mojito will be a bit over the top, and if you like that then go over the top. Another thing to consider is there has not been a Mojito delivered yet.. there might be problems with the paint or something. So if you want it sooner rather than later the Ocean Blue might also be a good idea. Good luck and the good news is both are awesome colors.

USAFChiefret

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon in Ocean Blue on May 4th
Occupation
Retired
We just ordered the JLU Rubicon in Ocean Blue last Friday when we saw this Rubi at a Jacksonville, FL dealership. We were leaning toward Punkin until we actually saw one at that same dealership and really didnā€™t care for it. It just didnā€™t look,like what we have seen in pictures. We really love the Ocean Blue!

7946DB78-F286-410E-A4C5-E468EDA5E45B.jpeg

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really good. I especially like the red against it.
Absolutely, the red just pops on it. Mine is a Sport S so I'm thinking of painting my Jeep Badges in Firecracker Red. Also, my trail rated badge is grey, so I'm going to replace it with a red one. I just need to make sure I don't go overboard.
Sponsored