Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Since I'm looking at these axles as well, I'll be curious what you do to fix it. .
Flap disc and an angle grinder. It's an easy fix. Most of other fixes on these axles haven't been so easy. Hopefully they weld your track bar bracket on before they ship it.
Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Flap disc and an angle grinder. It's an easy fix. Most of other fixes on these axles haven't been so easy. Hopefully they weld your track bar bracket on before they ship it.
OK, I wasn't sure if they had an updated cover. Yes, that's an easy fix.

That's sad, but funny about the track bar. Though I could possibly weld that myself (to 1/2" steel? maybe not...). Fortunately Dynatrac is only about 15 miles from my home, but I'd hate to have to take the day off to get stupid stuff like that fixed.

Sorry for asking, but what other challenges have you faced with them?

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
With the issues and answers to them that Dookie received........ I would just order UD60s.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
OK, I wasn't sure if they had an updated cover. Yes, that's an easy fix.

That's sad, but funny about the track bar. Though I could possibly weld that myself (to 1/2" steel? maybe not...). Fortunately Dynatrac is only about 15 miles from my home, but I'd hate to have to take the day off to get stupid stuff like that fixed.

Sorry for asking, but what other challenges have you faced with them?

Seems like I'm caught in the middle between honoring the OP's thread and being concerned about his well being so I'm going with the latter.

The worst problem out of all of it was the crush washers they sent with their calipers. The JL brake banjo has a recessed area where the crush washer goes. I didn't catch it the first time I installed it until I was about to go for a drive and the rear calipers just started gushing like a drunk college chick who just found a sugar daddy.

The OD of the crush washer didn't fit in the recessed area so it didn't seal up. Pretty dangerous.

The brackets are a joke. All of the boxed in brackets they sent my way were outside the spec so I had to cut them up and fix them so I didn't have to use a bolt to crush down .250" steel.

The front track bar bracket was at least .120" off alignment to get the bolt to go through the hole.

Toss in the diff cover thing and it just seems like whoever assembled my axles didn't give a shit.

Not exactly what I expect from someone who is trying to give "the confidence to explore".

I agree with Eli. I'd look at the UD60's after my go round.

OP
OP
mtnbiker73

mtnbiker73

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 JKU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like I'm caught in the middle between honoring the OP's thread and being concerned about his well being so I'm going with the latter.

The worst problem out of all of it was the crush washers they sent with their calipers. The JL brake banjo has a recessed area where the crush washer goes. I didn't catch it the first time I installed it until I was about to go for a drive and the rear calipers just started gushing like a drunk college chick who just found a sugar daddy.

The OD of the crush washer didn't fit in the recessed area so it didn't seal up. Pretty dangerous.

The brackets are a joke. All of the boxed in brackets they sent my way were outside the spec so I had to cut them up and fix them so I didn't have to use a bolt to crush down .250" steel.

The front track bar bracket was at least .120" off alignment to get the bolt to go through the hole.

Toss in the diff cover thing and it just seems like whoever assembled my axles didn't give a shit.

Not exactly what I expect from someone who is trying to give "the confidence to explore".

I agree with Eli. I'd look at the UD60's after my go round.
Sounds like your axle was made on a Friday. :)
I didn't have any problems at all with my axle. Bolted right up.
The UD60's have their own problems, unless they've been addressed. Weak brackets.
Sponsored