Sponsored

Fiber Optic Hardtop Panels

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@ORACLElights

Use high-end materials, top notch fit and finish, highest brightness .........with a goal of realistic price point for the end user/consumer... a price point where the manufactirer/seller and the buyer are lets say treated fairly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
@ORACLElights

Use high-end materials, top notch fit and finish, highest brightness .........with a goal of realistic price point for the end user/consumer... a price point where the manufactirer/seller and the buyer are lets say treated fairly.
Thanks for your suggestion, we get where you are coming from. Understand though that our margin is fixed so we make the same % wether this costs $50 or $500. The materials, LED chip type/quantity, Optic refinement, etc all contribute to the overall cost. The higher the quality target- the higher the material cost- the higher the retail price.

We will start some ideation with your suggestion in mind.

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We will start some ideation with your suggestion in mind.
Here are some user stories to consider for your ideation:
  • I want higher-than-stock-powered reverse lights that will give me better visibility in my rear camera.
  • I want lights seamlessly and reversably integrate with my factory bumper, such as a replacement for the reflectors.
  • I want the light brightness and direction to conform to DOT regulations (SAE R-type, e.g.) so they can be permanently wired to my reverse light circuit for on-road use.
  • I want to be able to turn on the reverse lights independently from the reverse light circuit so I can use them for work lights, e.g. for hooking up a trailer at night.
Thanks.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You got it, give us a target 1-10 and we will get on it.

1= Lowest Price, Economical Materials, Lowest Brightness.
10= Highest Price, High-End Materials, Highest Brightness.
I'd say that this specific location deserves a 10. They would be located in an environment that sees everything thrown up by the tires and its the first point of contact for those who test the departure angle.

Another thought is for 2 models. A 5 (sport) and a 10 (pro). Like the offerings from other companies.

I'd pony up for a 10.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
We appreciate the feedback! Will start a new thread and show some of our concepts for the bumper lights hopefully sometime next week :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Here are some user stories to consider for your ideation:
  • I want higher-than-stock-powered reverse lights that will give me better visibility in my rear camera.
  • I want lights seamlessly and reversably integrate with my factory bumper, such as a replacement for the reflectors.
  • I want the light brightness and direction to conform to DOT regulations (SAE R-type, e.g.) so they can be permanently wired to my reverse light circuit for on-road use.
  • I want to be able to turn on the reverse lights independently from the reverse light circuit so I can use them for work lights, e.g. for hooking up a trailer at night.
Thanks.
@bryan

You'd assume this offering would end up being the same footprint as each reflector, secured to the JL the same way as the reflector..... would have a quality, very bright diffused LED. They will be sealed and waterproof. As far as I know these would not have to be DOT approved.

Will have just 2 wires coming out of each lite. A black wire and a white wire and that is it.

The business of having them go on with a switch and wired the reverse light circuit is solely up to the guy/gal installing them. End users will not want a harness or switch on these!

@ORACLElights You'd want a white light output similar to this Rigid offering which is known to be terrific as aux backing on a JL.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJ4G93G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Diffused backup light >Specifications: Watts: 12, LED's: 1, Raw Lumens: 1000, Lux at 10m: 9, Beam Distance: 59.5 m, Peak Beam Intensity: 884.5 cd.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You got it, give us a target 1-10 and we will get on it.

1= Lowest Price, Economical Materials, Lowest Brightness.
10= Highest Price, High-End Materials, Highest Brightness.
I would go with 7-8. I prefer them to be sturdy and well built and have good brightness.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I like the interior lights, might be even cooler if you can do them in the powered top. I do not believe I would buy them as I already have Hothead Headliners.

I'd also be interested in the bumper reflector reverse lights, probably about an 8 on the scale. I'd like them in a wide, horizontal fog pattern, and white in color. I'd hook them up to one of my AUX switches (#1 or #2), so a max of 15 amps.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I like the interior lights, might be even cooler if you can do them in the powered top. I do not believe I would buy them as I already have Hothead Headliners.

I'd also be interested in the bumper reflector reverse lights, probably about an 8 on the scale. I'd like them in a wide, horizontal fog pattern, and white in color. I'd hook them up to one of my AUX switches (#1 or #2), so a max of 15 amps.
Thanks for the feedback :)

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL