robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone! I have had my tazer jl mini for a couple of months now with no issues other than a couple radio restarts here and there. Right now, I am only using it to enable the cargo (front) camera but soon will be using it to adjust tire size. My questions:

• I've read that you're supposed to "unmarry" and unplug before service, correct?
  • If unmarry and unplug, assuming that means the front camera won't work. If tire adjustments are made, does that mean the speedo will be wrong while unmarried and disconnected?
  • If I want to upgrade the tazer, do I unmarry and disconnect first, update it, then remarry?

Thank in advance!
Sponsored

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Is the front camera a "live" feature? If not, you don't even have to keep the Tazer plugged in. You can simply unplug it without unmarrying it and plug it back into the SGW connections and you would do the same for service. Don't unmarry, just unplug it and plug it back into the SGW.

That being said, if you have a suspicion that your service technician is going to update the computer, you probably should unmarry it to restore the stock configuration.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hi everyone! I have had my tazer jl mini for a couple of months now with no issues other than a couple radio restarts here and there. Right now, I am only using it to enable the cargo (front) camera but soon will be using it to adjust tire size. My questions:

• I've read that you're supposed to "unmarry" and unplug before service, correct?
  • If unmarry and unplug, assuming that means the front camera won't work. If tire adjustments are made, does that mean the speedo will be wrong while unmarried and disconnected?
  • If I want to upgrade the tazer, do I unmarry and disconnect first, update it, then remarry?
Thank in advance!
@robd1438

Always unmarry the Tazer JL Mini and remove the Mini before you take the vehicle in for service!

Don't assume ... think... or whatever, that the dealership Tech will not be doing a computer flash on your JL.

When you unmarry, your JL goes back to the way it was just before you married the Tazer JL Mini to it...... With that said, any and all Tazer JL Mini settings/features would no longer come into play after an unmarry... So, for your JL, no front camera, speedo would be off...

BEFORE, you do a firmware update on your Tazer JL Mini you need to unmarry the Tazer JL Mini. After you unmarry, you can then update the firmware and then you would remarry.

Tazer JL Mini
Tazer JL Lite.jpg

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
@robd1438

Always unmarry the Tazer JL Mini and remove the Mini before you take the vehicle in for service!

Don't assume ... think... or whatever, that the dealership Tech will not be doing a computer flash on your JL.

When you unmarry, your JL goes back to the way it was just before you married the Tazer JL Mini to it...... With that said, any and all Tazer JL Mini settings/features would no longer come into play after an unmarry... So, for your JL, no front camera, speedo would be off...

BEFORE, you do a firmware update on your Tazer JL Mini you need to unmarry the Tazer JL Mini. After you unmarry, you can then update the firmware and then you would remarry.

Tazer JL Mini
Tazer JL Lite.jpg
Thanks Rhinebeck01! After an update and remarry, would all the settings have to be "redone"?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Rhinebeck01! After an update and remarry, would all the settings have to be "redone"?
@robd1438

Well, you hear different talk in regard to this.. some say they see settings go back on a remarry and some say some, but not all go back.

Wise gal/guy does a remarry and then goes back over each and every setting and feature and checks and re-do's if necessary................

To do this takes a few minutes and no more... so very easy to do.

ALSO, wise Tazer JL owner, on paper, keeps all their settings (tire size to use, fav. features you use, etc) handy so they have them readily available should they need to be re set-up.

Mini.png

Sponsored

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Does any body have a “list” of what the Rubi settings were before any changes made with the Tazer Mini? I just want to make sure I didn’t accidentally change a setting I didn’t want to while “playing” with it. Especially with the steering and lockers, sway bar..etc.

Thanks

Last edited:

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna revive this thread as it helped me a lot. I am taking the Jeep in to get the steering dampener recall done tomorrow and was wanting to make sure what the procedure was for the Tazer. Thank you @Rhinebeck01 for your input. I am sure this info was in the Tazer manual but who reads those anyways!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About unmarrying the Tazer JL before you do a firmware update on it. Joe used to just say unmarry before a firmware update of the Tazer JL but today, 2/26/21 said this..

Jeep Wrangler JL Few Question unmarry.JPG

@robd1438
@OldGuyNewJeep
@vhfan5150

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL