First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
What are some cool things you've done with your fender vent/vent area? I've seen some light strips installed behind the vent; I know there are some cool decals you can put on the indent surrounding the vent.. I'm sure there are countless other mods.

Been thinking about sticking a blacked-out American flag decal there. Curious if there are better options, and really excited to see what you've all done! Show it off!
Sponsored

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Take a look at the new Oracle Sidetrack lights. I ordered a set and am super excited!!! I think they will look awesome.

https://www.oraclelights.com/collections/new-products/products/sidetrack
I saw those too; very interesting. The thing I'm not super excited about is having to tap into the existing lighting wiring. From what I've read on another post, there's very little room to work with. Also not excited about the adhesive being how it sticks on. I'm curious 1. how long that will last, and 2. how easy/difficult it would be to take it off if it fails or I realize I don't like it.

But I'll definitely consider those. They are super interesting for sure.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I saw those too; very interesting. The thing I'm not super excited about is having to tap into the existing lighting wiring. From what I've read on another post, there's very little room to work with. Also not excited about the adhesive being how it sticks on. I'm curious 1. how long that will last, and 2. how easy/difficult it would be to take it off if it fails or I realize I don't like it.

But I'll definitely consider those. They are super interesting for sure.
They wouldn't be hard to remove. That is the same way the fender extensions are held onto the body of my Ram 2500 from the factory and I had to remove one once. My biggest concern is using a pressure washer by them and water and dirt getting trapped behind them. It is a cool concept though and I applaud Oracle for making something so unique. They also have a tailgate light that is equally unique that I'm probably going to get, but maybe not until the winter since I have dreams of making room in the garage for the Jeep so I can go topless.

OP
OP
davidafuller

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
They wouldn't be hard to remove. That is the same way the fender extensions are held onto the body of my Ram 2500 from the factory and I had to remove one once. My biggest concern is using a pressure washer by them and water and dirt getting trapped behind them. It is a cool concept though and I applaud Oracle for making something so unique. They also have a tailgate light that is equally unique that I'm probably going to get, but maybe not until the winter since I have dreams of making room in the garage for the Jeep so I can go topless.
Yep, I'm big on the cargo light. I'm probably more likely to buy that unit than the side marker lights, but I'll definitely give the latter some consideration.

Big fan of ORACLE's products. Have their Oculus head lights, fogs, and black series tails already.
Sponsored