Fender/body protection?

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Did a search and didn’t find much so if this has been covered, I apologize and must have missed the thread.

So I noticed that small rocks and debris seem to wedge in between the small air gap between body of the Jeep and the fenders. Has anyone figured out how to keep crap from getting stuck in there and secondly, any way of removing it without scratching or damaging those painted areas while prying out the garbage?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
There will be others replying about putting tubing between the body and the fender. This is the direction I went:

Never thought I would EVER put mud flaps on a JP but I live on gravel now and this one loves to throw all sorts of rocks against the paint. Unfortunately my 1st trail damage is only on-road damage
1f642.png

Here are before and after pics. These are quick release so when off road they can be removed so I don't tear them up. Only got the fronts. Jeep Wrangler (JL, JLU) 2018+ Quick Release Mud Flaps - HALF KIT – RokBlokz

Jeep Wrangler JL Fender/body protection? 1642613787494
Jeep Wrangler JL Fender/body protection? 1642613772911

OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
There will be others replying about putting tubing between the body and the fender. This is the direction I went:

Never thought I would EVER put mud flaps on a JP but I live on gravel now and this one loves to throw all sorts of rocks against the paint. Unfortunately my 1st trail damage is only on-road damage
1f642.png

Here are before and after pics. These are quick release so when off road they can be removed so I don't tear them up. Only got the fronts. Jeep Wrangler (JL, JLU) 2018+ Quick Release Mud Flaps - HALF KIT – RokBlokz

And do those really help to keep the material from getting wedged in between the fenders? I could see them helping slightly but it doesn’t seem like it would stop it completely?

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your choice ;) If you notice from the pics, the debris starts low on the body, and gets higher the further back it goes. A couple of the mud streaks are almost as high as the front door upper hinge. If I had ONLY plugged the space between the body & fender, I would still have the mud and ROCKS hitting the body and hinges on each side.

Surprisingly, I am OK w/ OFF ROAD rock rash but daily driver rash ticks me off.

Does it eliminate the problem...pretty much so in my experience.

And if you notice in the pic w/ the flaps, that spray on the body behind the front tire is not evident. Same roads, same mud, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Your choice ;) If you notice from the pics, the debris starts low on the body, and gets higher the further back it goes. A couple of the mud streaks are almost as high as the front door upper hinge. If I had ONLY plugged the space between the body & fender, I would still have the mud and ROCKS hitting the body and hinges on each side.

Surprisingly, I am OK w/ OFF ROAD rock rash but daily driver rash ticks me off.

Does it eliminate the problem...pretty much so in my experience.

And if you notice in the pic w/ the flaps, that spray on the body behind the front tire is not evident. Same roads, same mud, etc.
Awesome. Appreciate your input and the info brother.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Thanks for posting this. I'm still fighting the idea of putting mud flaps on any car, let alone my JL. I thought about it on my 96 Town Car, because it would make me laugh....and I like to laugh.

But the before and after really is compelling for the winter on road sand/brine.

How easy is it to pop these off? On purpose......

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this. I'm still fighting the idea of putting mud flaps on any car, let alone my JL. I thought about it on my 96 Town Car, because it would make me laugh....and I like to laugh.

But the before and after really is compelling for the winter on road sand/brine.

How easy is it to pop these off? On purpose......
VERY. Check out their site. Look at this pic and you can see the 3 thumb screws you loosen to remove. I added a nylock nut behind all 3 so they would not come loose accidently. Still easy for me to remove as/when needed. Jeep Wrangler (JL, JLU) 2018+ Quick Release Mud Flaps - HALF KIT – RokBlokz
Jeep Wrangler JL Fender/body protection? Inkedflapdraw1

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
3/8” closed cell round foam. Works better than mud flaps if you live in an area with trees that constantly drop stuff.

Sponsored

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,