First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I sent a complaint to FCA regarding the descrepancy between the 4 colors shown on the Build & Price website feature and the 8 colors that were actually available when I ordered my 2023 Ram Rebel 4x4.

Here is FCA’s response:

"Please be advised, the Build & Price feature on the Ram Brand website is meant to reflect the Ram models within dealership's inventories and not the ordering system."

Have any Jeep owners experienced the same issue when building their dream machine?
Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I sent a complaint to FCA regarding the descrepancy between the 4 colors shown on the Build & Price website feature and the 8 colors that were actually available when I ordered my 2023 Ram Rebel 4x4. I wonder if future Jeep owners are experiencing the same issue?

Here is FCA’s response:

"Please be advised, the Build & Price feature on the Ram Brand website is meant to reflect the Ram models within dealership's inventories and not the ordering system."
This is true.
The build and price tool does not reflect what is actually available to order. Just a myriad of the potential things that can come on a vehicle for FCA.

OP
OP
cbh

cbh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired Air Force
This is true.
The build and price tool does not reflect what is actually available to order. Just a myriad of the potential things that can come on a vehicle for FCA.

I did not know that. I don’t understand why they would exclude available colors, unless they are using the Build & Price website feature to lead you to in stock inventory. 🤷‍♂️

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I think I misread part of it.
That is really strange that they don’t have all the options to order on the ram build and price tool.

I accidentally read it the other way around.

OP
OP
cbh

cbh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I think I misread part of it.
That is really strange that they don’t have all the options to order on the ram build and price tool.

I accidentally read it the other way around.
It’s OK, when I lived in Colorado the lack of oxygen sometimes clouded my brain. 😁

Sponsored

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
Yep, found out this when I went to go order mine. Wanted to get the dual door group with punk'n but unfortunately that package isn't available in that color, so it was either drop the package or get a different color. Decided to drop package and try to find a set used and have repainted.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yup! And Stellantis is showing a 26% @ 18b profit. Yet the forecast is showing a major decline. Regardless of being a frim believer in NOT forecasting income it's a false profit we as the customers are about to teach them a lesson in buying! I hate when CEO PhD goons thinks we're stupid.

Don't buy build. Ok sorry Joe we don't build we sell in stock. Lol

I sent a complaint to FCA regarding the descrepancy between the 4 colors shown on the Build & Price website feature and the 8 colors that were actually available when I ordered my 2023 Ram Rebel 4x4.

Here is FCA’s response:

Have any Jeep owners experienced the same issue when building their dream machine?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yes. From my own experience as a new JLU buyer, I observed that the benchmark for configuring a CDJR vehicle (i.e., what options are and aren't available) is the Special Order database located at and used by dealer staff when the customer order is entered.

The configurator website is best viewed as an estimating tool, and one that links your desired build with matching inventory at local dealerships, depending on the search radius that you designate. The options that are or aren't evident on said website may not match precisely what the dealer order entry system allows you to add to your own build.

Reactions: cbh