Question about Build price vs MSRP

will07076

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7, 2010 Wrangler, 2018 Wrangler JKU
Hello - I just put together a 2021 build for JLU Sahara. Total came to $50,425. Would this be considered MSRP? How do I find out the Invoice price ? I want to put this build out to a few local (NJ ) dealers as well as a few recommended dealers in MD and VA that I have read provide good pricing out the door

Thanks
Sponsored

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
OP
OP

will07076

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jseneca64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2017 GMC Acadia All-Terrain, 2018 Honda Accord
If you "built" it in Jeep's website, then yes it is MSRP.

There is lots of info in this forum. It can be hard to find it all right away. Take a look at this link for your pricing and take some time to read the gobs of great info provided here.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/2021-jlu-sahara-pricing-xls.357808/

Good luck with the build.
Check out Koons Jeep in Vienna, VA. Talk to Scott Wasserman. He gave me the best deal and no haggling. 7.5% below invoic
Hello - I just put together a 2021 build for JLU Sahara. Total came to $50,425. Would this be considered MSRP? How do I find out the Invoice price ? I want to put this build out to a few local (NJ ) dealers as well as a few recommended dealers in MD and VA that I have read provide good pricing out the door

Thanks
Check out Koons Jeep in Vienna, VA. Scott Wasserman gave me the best deal I could find. 7.5% below invoice plus tax, tags and $899 processing fee. Beat all other deals by $2250. Saved over $6000 on the out the door price.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
Check out Koons Jeep in Vienna, VA. Talk to Scott Wasserman. He gave me the best deal and no haggling. 7.5% below invoic

Check out Koons Jeep in Vienna, VA. Scott Wasserman gave me the best deal I could find. 7.5% below invoice plus tax, tags and $899 processing fee. Beat all other deals by $2250. Saved over $6000 on the out the door price.
7.5% below invoice? Is that below MSRP, or below factory invoice pricing? Did you have a trade-in? Could they have low-balled you on the trade-in value? $899 processing fee? In Ohio, I pay a $250 DOC fee and that is it. No "processing fee". Was that a cash sale, or did you finance through the dealer? What other DOC fees, or other "fees" did you pay besides state sales tax and state license plate fees?

When somebody says: "I paid "X" below factory invoice, I always assume there are a LOT of other factors in the "deal" where the dealer made a substantial profit.

I have heard good things about Koons, but 7.5% below factory invoice pricing with no other "catches" seems impossible to me. The $899 "processing fee" is just one of those "catches".

Sponsored

jseneca64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2017 GMC Acadia All-Terrain, 2018 Honda Accord
7.5% below invoice? Is that below MSRP, or below factory invoice pricing? Did you have a trade-in? Could they have low-balled you on the trade-in value? $899 processing fee? In Ohio, I pay a $250 DOC fee and that is it. No "processing fee". Was that a cash sale, or did you finance through the dealer? What other DOC fees, or other "fees" did you pay besides state sales tax and state license plate fees?

When somebody says: "I paid "X" below factory invoice, I always assume there are a LOT of other factors in the "deal" where the dealer made a substantial profit.

I have heard good things about Koons, but 7.5% below factory invoice pricing with no other "catches" seems impossible to me. The $899 "processing fee" is just one of those "catches".

The deal is 7.5% below invoice plus tax, tags and $899 processing fee. That's it. No other bs fees or costs. I confirmed the out the door price several times by text and email. No trade-in and it doesn't mater if you finance with Koons or pay cash. They beat every other deal I was working on. Next best deal was $2250 higher. If your looking for a Jeep, give them a call. See for yourself.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
The deal is 7.5% below invoice plus tax, tags and $899 processing fee. That's it. No other bs fees or costs. I confirmed the out the door price several times by text and email. No trade-in and it doesn't mater if you finance with Koons or pay cash. They beat every other deal I was working on. Next best deal was $2250 higher. If your looking for a Jeep, give them a call. See for yourself.
Ok, good to know. Thanks!

OP
OP

will07076

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I gave my build to 3 dealers here in NJ and one in Virginia (Koons) and one in MD (Criswell). $3k saving by the VA & MD dealers vs my local dealers. Criswell was $418 lower than Koons BUT Criswell requires you to use their Financing or you lose a 2% rebate. I can't get over how much more expensive my local guys are. I completed my build on Jeep.Com and email the PDF file, letting everyone know I am sending to several dealers. The MD & VA guys, no questions, no BS just both gave their best price back via email. No pressure. Now I just need to pull the trigger.................Thanks to everyones suggestions on looking to recommended dealers
Sponsored