Sponsored

Factory steel bumper light recommendations

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped out the JCR bull bar for the Maxiums-3 SLP hoop, and like it better already. Pic for comparisons.
How does the color of the JCR and Maximus-3 compare to the stock bumper color?
Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
How does the color of the JCR and Maximus-3 compare to the stock bumper color?
The JCR didnā€™t look bad, but the finish on the Maximus-3 is a much closer match. I will take a closeup pic of both together and post later.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Here are both for comparison. The texture and color of the powder coat on the Maximus-3 is very close to the steel bumper finish.
Wow, the Maximus-3 bar is pretty big compared to the JCR. I do like the Maximus-3 bars and seeing yours pretty much seals the deal. Thank you for taking that picture. Truly appreciated.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Our 12" and 20" S series single row bars are very popular to mount on the OEM bumper.

We have also sold quite a few 14" PSII or Prismatic bars for that same position as the Modular mounting system makes it a breeze to mount up.

We offer 15% off with discount code "jlforum" and if you need custom brackets made to mount the light bar we can also do it free of charge, just give us your measurements.
With respect to your 14" PSII light bar, could you please go into a little more detail about the mounting solution on an OEM Rubicon steel bumper?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I swapped out the JCR bull bar for the Maxiums-3 SLP hoop, and like it better already. Pic for comparisons.

IMG_2314.png
Did you consider the Maximus-3 Classic hoo-? Just curious - torn between the two of them

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Did you consider the Maximus-3 Classic hoo-? Just curious - torn between the two of them
I looked at it, but wanted something with height in between the ultra low profile mopar bar and the classic hoop.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I looked at it, but wanted something with height in between the ultra low profile mopar bar and the classic hoop.
You're probably right - yours looks great

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini
I have the Mopar 7 inch lights mounted on the Mopar winch guard on my stock steel bumper!

2AC006E4-81AB-4C01-9A1D-897B32D79A7C.jpeg
This is exactly the look I want. I want to add halogens for snow since the LEDs on my Jeep wont melt snow. I can add the Mopar bar, but how can I hook halogens to the LED system since I don't have any extra switches (I didn't get the tow package with the extra switches)?

Sponsored

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer

IMG_2314.png
I'm having trouble deciding SLP or the classic hoop - what do you think about the space that is left? Does it feel crowded and does the 5" lights you have seem too close to the bar?

Thanks!

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having trouble deciding SLP or the classic hoop - what do you think about the space that is left? Does it feel crowded and does the 5" lights you have seem too close to the bar?

Thanks!
I think it's perfect with the 5" lights. Not really crowded at all with this setup in my opinion. Here's a few more pics at different angles to see the clearance.

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
I think it's perfect with the 5" lights. Not really crowded at all with this setup in my opinion. Here's a few more pics at different angles to see the clearance.

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg
Thanks for the photos, really helps, it looks very good. Do you have the reinforcement bracket? It is hard to visualize that part based on the stock photos.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the photos, really helps, it looks very good. Do you have the reinforcement bracket? It is hard to visualize that part based on the stock photos.
I wasnā€™t sure about the brackets but I bought them anyway. I havenā€™t installed them yet, but one day I might actually decide to do it :like:
Sponsored