Sponsored

Factory Steel Bumper Fog Lights Question

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Recently went from plastic to Mopar steel bumper. I actually liked my halogen housings with led bulbs better than the oem led fogs, so I bought the referenced Maximus-3 bracket from Rubitrux and it worked perfectly. The bracket is stout and the 4-point halogen fog mounts directly to it with supplied screws. The bracket is then bolted (2-point mount) to the steel bumper. Easy peasy.
What type of bolt did you use to mount bracket ro bumper. Holes look quite large.

20190824_175231.jpg
Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
What type of bolt did you use to mount bracket ro bumper. Holes look quite large.

20190824_175231.jpg
Kinda shitty for the seller to keep the bolts too, hope you got good deal on it. I used the oem bolts. Maybe someone will chime in with the size. I would look but I’m about 7000 miles from home....

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Kinda shitty for the seller to keep the bolts too, hope you got good deal on it. I used the oem bolts. Maybe someone will chime in with the size. I would look but I’m about 7000 miles from home....
I figured out a way. I got metal tabs that the screws went into. I got a fair price considering it was sparkling new.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Recently went from plastic to Mopar steel bumper. I actually liked my halogen housings with led bulbs better than the oem led fogs, so I bought the referenced Maximus-3 bracket from Rubitrux and it worked perfectly. The bracket is stout and the 4-point halogen fog mounts directly to it with supplied screws. The bracket is then bolted (2-point mount) to the steel bumper. Easy peasy.
Buckster... If you had wanted to keep the steel bumper LED's, would your plastic bumper harness clip right in, or would it have needed modification? I just got a take-off steel front and didn't realize, till I read this thread, that the lights were different. Thanks

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I’m doing the same thing. Is this the bracket you used?

7C705606-1DC8-4326-84A8-F2AE580E930D.png

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Acura RDX Technology Package, 2008 Scion xB Release Series
anyone know what bolt size I need to mount this on my steel bumper?
I used this bolt to mount the Maximus-3 fog light bracket to the bumper. However, my bumper still had the u-nut to thread the bolt into.

anyway, picked this up at Lowe’s. You can find a matching u-nut there too.

913367CF-5BAA-49F4-8D92-8B2394587D45.jpeg

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Old owner took the fog lights and harness. So I guess I've got to strip it down
I know this is old, but were you able to pull the old wire harness off your plastic bumper? Did you figure out the size of bolts?

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
My 2021 JLUR came with the plastic bumper. I replaced it with a new Mopar steel bumper and the fog light connector plugged right in. But the fog lights don’t work. Could it be because the lights are different?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My 2021 JLUR came with the plastic bumper. I replaced it with a new Mopar steel bumper and the fog light connector plugged right in. But the fog lights don’t work. Could it be because the lights are different?
Did you have LED fog lights before?

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
No I did not have LED fog lights in the factory plastic bumper. So that’s my issue then, huh? I didn’t realize the steel bumper had LEDs until this thread. And when the bumper connector clicked right in I thought I was golden.

I guess I’ll install the stock ones into the steel bumper using those brackets mentioned above. Is it possible to install the lights without removing the bumper?

Or could the dealer flash the system to recognize the LED fogs?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
No I did not have LED fog lights in the factory plastic bumper. So that’s my issue then, huh? I didn’t realize the steel bumper had LEDs until this thread. And when the bumper connector clicked right in I thought I was golden.

I guess I’ll install the stock ones into the steel bumper using those brackets mentioned above. Is it possible to install the lights without removing the bumper?

Or could the dealer flash the system to recognize the LED fogs?
Just program it for LED fog lights, and then recheck the circuit. They’re much better lights.
Sponsored