Sponsored

extended warranty worth it?

Jgro151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara
I bought one on my ‘12 JKU when I got it new. It totally paid off for us. Couple of smaller things here and there but the big two where ball joints around 50k and then a full head unit (w/ nav) replacement around 85k.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RLC2020

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
I finally made enough noise with the warranty company that they allowed me to submit a written notice of cancellation to them directly. The dealership, after 2 days, has not returned a single call ( I made 3 and left 3 messages with people there). Pretty sad that after such a great experience with them they dropped the ball with the warranty and after the sale service. Anyway, warranty is being refunded in full so I can now explore my options to either get a zeigler or similar offering or just roll the dice.

Thanks for the responses so far.

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
I finally made enough noise with the warranty company that they allowed me to submit a written notice of cancellation to them directly. The dealership, after 2 days, has not returned a single call ( I made 3 and left 3 messages with people there). Pretty sad that after such a great experience with them they dropped the ball with the warranty and after the sale service. Anyway, warranty is being refunded in full so I can now explore my options to either get a zeigler or similar offering or just roll the dice.

Thanks for the responses so far.
Not surprised, they have very little left to gain from you (maybe nothing). What's their incentive, they're in the business of maximizing profits, not issuing refunds.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RLC2020

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
Not surprised, they have very little left to gain from you (maybe nothing). What's their incentive, they're in the business of maximizing profits, not issuing refunds.
Their incentive should be to do what's right for their customer. If I changed my mind and want it cancelled, then they need to do it. Especially in this instance where they lied to me regarding the warranty.

You obviously don't work with the public. I make and sell eyeglasses for a living, if a customer decides they don't like the glasses after I've made them do I just ignore them because there's no "incentive" for me to issue a refund or make it right? Even If I've lied to that customer about what they were getting? Terrible way to do business and a terrible way to live your life only doing what is good for you and no one else...

Last edited:

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
Their incentive should be to do what's right for their customer. If I changed my mind and want it cancelled, then they need to do it. Especially in this instance where they lied to me regarding the warranty.

You obviously don't work with the public. I make and sell eyeglasses for a living, if a customer decides they don't like the glasses after I've made them do I just ignore them because there's no "incentive" for me to issue a refund or make it right? Even If I've lied to that customer about what they were getting? Terrible way to do business and a terrible way to live your life only doing what is good for you and no one else...
Hahahahaha. I think you mistake a dealership for a business which is customer service oriented. They could give 2 $hits about customer service. Ask me how I know. I’ve worked a variety of positions at a variety of dealerships. I’ve worked with the public most my life and truly understand what being customer obsessed and customer centric means….dealerships are not that. Sorry to burst whatever magical bubble you may have about dealerships and their intentions.

I truly hope they do the right thing and refund/address your concerns. It’s crappy to go through that situation.
However, post sales customer service…often isn’t their top priority anymore. They’re onto the next “customer” to squeeze them for as much as they can, you know, like lying about extended warranties that are overpriced to begin with 😁

OP
OP
RLC2020

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
Hahahahaha. I think you mistake a dealership for a business which is customer service oriented. They could give 2 $hits about customer service. Ask me how I know. I’ve worked a variety of positions at a variety of dealerships.... Sorry to burst whatever magical bubble you may have about dealerships and their intentions.
I don't believe any dealership has my interests above their own. You'd have to be a moron to believe that. I'm saying that it's better for their bottom line to not piss off every customer and lose their repeat business.
Now I've left them a 1 star review and will never buy from them again. I buy a new vehicle every other year for both myself and my wife. That's a lot of money over the next few decades that this dealer will now never get from me. Over what, $500 in commission maybe from the warranty? They lost much more than that in my business alone, never mind the people that my review may steer in a different direction.
I can see why you have the attitude you have though, you work at a dealership so that makes perfect sense!

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
Thanks for this thread @RLC2020 . When I ordered my Willys a couple of weeks ago, I asked the sales person what was the options for extended warranties. She gave me a brochure detailing the warranties and this price list.

I've found much better prices from some of the places several of you listed in the replies above. Thanks for those suggestions.

Jeep Wrangler JL extended warranty worth it? 417A12A0-21C2-441A-83C1-FE6B7BD5878C_1_105_c
Sponsored