Sponsored

Extended warranties

johnnytaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ
I've seen a few threads about this but nothing recent so I thought I'd bring it up again...

I typically buy factory extended warranties for my (typically Japanese) cars. I do this more for peace of mind than anything - I prefer spending a few grand up front proactively vs randomly/re-actively later. I also tend to keep my cars for 10 yrs/100K miles (and I only put about 10K miles/yr on).

I've seen some info about unlimited warranties but that sounds overkill unless the price is similar to a 10y/100K warranty (I think I saw $2600 for unlimited w/ $100 deductible?). Curious who all has bought something like this for their JL (or JK even). I'd think getting one for a Jeep would be one of the better cars to get it for (vs Lexus or Infiniti, which while may be more expensive to fix, seem to need less maintenance).

I'd negotiate the crap out of this of course - let me know what you all have done / plan to do. I know I have a few years to decide before I hit 3yrs or 36k miles.

thx
jt

PS - I'm not against doing maintenance on the Jeep myself. I've done a fair amount of work on my 2003 TJ. But the JL has a lot more tech and parts than the TJ!
Sponsored