Extended warranties, lets discuss

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2017 JKR Lots of mods
I have kicked myself in the past for buying these when we were driving Honda's as one we weren't really keeping one past 3 years and two it seemed really redundant on a vehicle like a Honda even if we decided we may have wanted to keep it beyond the original warranty period.

I did learn with those it was much cheaper to not buy the warranty from the dealer we purchased from but rather one of the other large Honda dealers that sold them online at a huge discount over what our dealer did.

Is that a similar situation with the Jeep warranties price wise? Only reason I'm somewhat considering it on the 2 were picking up Wednesday is again in case we decide to keep them for the long haul which we may very well do.
Sponsored

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
I have kicked myself in the past for buying these when we were driving Honda's as one we weren't really keeping one past 3 years and two it seemed really redundant on a vehicle like a Honda even if we decided we may have wanted to keep it beyond the original warranty period.

I did learn with those it was much cheaper to not buy the warranty from the dealer we purchased from but rather one of the other large Honda dealers that sold them online at a huge discount over what our dealer did.

Is that a similar situation with the Jeep warranties price wise? Only reason I'm somewhat considering it on the 2 were picking up Wednesday is again in case we decide to keep them for the long haul which we may very well do.
Ok, so where did you buy your extended warranty or you did not buy extended warranty at all?

OP
OP
ChadT

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so where did you buy your extended warranty or you did not buy extended warranty at all?
We seal the deal on our Jeeps Wednesday so we haven't bought them yet if that's what your asking. On our Honda's after we purchased and signed paperwork I contacted another Honda dealer on the east coast and bought our extended warranties through them for those as they didn't have the horrendous mark up that our local dealer did on them.

Guess what I was asking is if it is like that with Chryslers extended warranties in that is it better to shop around and not pay the originating dealer but rather a preferred dealer somewhere else for it

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
We seal the deal on our Jeeps Wednesday so we haven't bought them yet if that's what your asking. On our Honda's after we purchased and signed paperwork I contacted another Honda dealer on the east coast and bought our extended warranties through them for those as they didn't have the horrendous mark up that our local dealer did on them.

Guess what I was asking is if it is like that with Chryslers extended warranties in that is it better to shop around and not pay the originating dealer but rather a preferred dealer somewhere else for it
If something happen to your jeep they won't honor the warranty from honda right?

OP
OP
ChadT

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If something happen to your jeep they won't honor the warranty from honda right?
You must be clearly misunderstanding what's being asked. I'm asking if at the time of purchase of the Jeeps if just like in the past experiences we have had when purchasing Honda vehicles its better to purchase warranty coverage elsewhere from another Jeep dealer somewhere else in the country. Sometimes you can save big by doing it that way as most F&I departments will mark that stuff up tremendously at time of purchase.

Not 100% sure we will even want the extended coverage or if its necessary but i do know I will not pay an inflated price for it or roll it into the vehicles cost and finance it.

Sponsored

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes it is generally cheaper to purchase the extended warranty after you get your vehicle. The exception might be if you already have a quote for the extended warranty you want and ask the finance/business manager to match it. If they will match it and you are financing the Jeep, you should be able to add that to the loan if you want.

Search the forum or google for jeep extended warranty plans and you will find several that offer it.

Deleted member 53226

Jeep Wrangler JL Extended warranties, lets discuss 1595791615258

Capt. Picard/Locutus says to type "extended warranty" in search box and all questions will be answered.

OP
OP
ChadT

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your right, this should be closed down and made a archive with no "current" discussions on topics. I don't care to benchmark off of what someone did 2 years ago based on what poped up with the "search function". But thank you anyway for the enlightment and useful addition to this thread

Deleted member 53226

Your right, this should be closed down and made a archive with no "current" discussions on topics. I don't care to benchmark off of what someone did 2 years ago based on what poped up with the "search function". But thank you anyway for the enlightment and useful addition to this thread
No worries, happy to give you the advice. On warranties, don't be afraid of "benchmarking" of a discussion two years ago on extended warranties. The concepts haven't changed for many years.

Since, you seem a pleasant chap, I can just save you all the searching and tell you the answers you seek very succinctly: Yes, get yourself an FCA extended warranty, and shop online at any dealer anywhere in the country who is willing to sell you one. There is nothing special or different about the Jeep warranty process versus your Honda, or any other car make. You can buy it at the time of jeep purchase, or anytime within a year or 12K miles, whichever comes first. Since you already searched the "old" posts, the same dealers mentioned numerous times all those many moons ago are still in business, and the still the cheapest on the web. No matter where you buy the warranty any Jeep dealer in the country will honor it.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with the extended warranty search. And again don't get scared away by the age of posts and the benchmarking stuff. Its all really good and useful info archived in these forums.

Cheers

OP
OP
ChadT

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries, happy to give you the advice. On warranties, don't be afraid of "benchmarking" of a discussion two years ago on extended warranties. The concepts haven't changed for many years.

Since, you seem a pleasant chap, I can just save you all the searching and tell you the answers you seek very succinctly: Yes, get yourself an FCA extended warranty, and shop online at any dealer anywhere in the country who is willing to sell you one. There is nothing special or different about the Jeep warranty process versus your Honda, or any other car make. You can buy it at the time of jeep purchase, or anytime within a year or 12K miles, whichever comes first. Since you already searched the "old" posts, the same dealers mentioned numerous times all those many moons ago are still in business, and the still the cheapest on the web. No matter where you buy the warranty any Jeep dealer in the country will honor it.

Hope that helps. Best of luck with the extended warranty search. And again don't get scared away by the age of posts and the benchmarking stuff. Its all really good and useful info archived in these forums.

Cheers
My apologies if my meter needs calibrated and I took your reply the wrong way than what it was meant.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
If you’re planning on letting it sit in the driveway, you probably don’t need a warranty beyond what FCA offers as standard on the vehicle. However, if you put miles on your vehicles and you intend to have many adventures off road with your Wrangler in terms of exploration and trips, a warranty makes sense.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

The only reasons to buy a warranty when you buy your Wrangler is IF you wanted to roll the warranty cost into your loan. That's not a bad idea IF you get 0% and a discounted price for the warranty that is comparable with what Tom Winkles or Clay Robbins quote. That's if you are sure you will like and keep the vehicle and are certain you want the warranty. Or you can wait to see how things turn out. You can wait to buy a warranty without a surcharge if you buy before 12/months or 12K miles. Drive your Wrangler for 11 months or 11K miles before deciding if you want a Mopar Extended Warranty. I believe it's about $400 more if you buy after 12/monhs or 12K miles? I recommend buying from Tom Winkles @ 269-385-1116 or Clay Robbins Motors @ 785-789-3940, Their prices are the best in the country for Mopar Extended Warranties.

Pro-Tip… Sign up for FCA credit card and get $100 credit for your first Mopar purchase over $500. The Warranty is a Mopar product that qualifies for the $100 credit.

https://www.drivepluscard.com/
Sponsored