Entering Engineering Mode in Uconnect?

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
Does anyone know how to enter engineering mode from the 8.4 uconnect touch screen? I Can't use the hot and cold buttons on center stack as I haven't upgraded that yet. I can get into dealer mode thanks to El Zilcho but looking to get into "engineering" mode. Thanks for any suggestions.
Sponsored

cm88_bruins

First Name
Ciro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Does anyone know how to enter engineering mode from the 8.4 uconnect touch screen? I Can't use the hot and cold buttons on center stack as I haven't upgraded that yet. I can get into dealer mode thanks to El Zilcho but looking to get into "engineering" mode. Thanks for any suggestions.
I know you said you don’t have them yet but I saw in a video that drivers COLD+HOT does it. That didn’t work for my 8.4”. Dealer mode (defrost+cold+hot) does work. I’m not sure why I can’t get into engineering mode

OP
OP
MouldyEgg

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
Thanks for the reply. Still trying to find away into engineering mode. I need to see if in the "logging utilities" menu in engineering mode can reset the logs. I keep getting this screen from radio.
Jeep Wrangler JL Entering Engineering Mode in Uconnect? 20200822_082354_resized

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
I'm looking for a way to do it, but so far no luck. If I do, I'll let you know.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MouldyEgg

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
Thanks. I have been searching for days with no luck. Hoping someone might know a dealer tech or radio expert. Thanks everyone for the help.

cm88_bruins

First Name
Ciro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. Still trying to find away into engineering mode. I need to see if in the "logging utilities" menu in engineering mode can reset the logs. I keep getting this screen from radio.
Jeep Wrangler JL Entering Engineering Mode in Uconnect? 20200822_082354_resized
Man same!!!!

OP
OP
MouldyEgg

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
I think if we do a factory reset it will clear logs also. Can't do a reset without getting into engineering mode. Where did you get your radio? Was it an upgrade or factory installed?

cm88_bruins

First Name
Ciro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think if we do a factory reset it will clear logs also. Can't do a reset without getting into engineering mode. Where did you get your radio? Was it an upgrade or factory installed?
I upgraded it myself I bought the 8.4” on the forums

Sponsored

OP
OP
MouldyEgg

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
So it turns out on the newer radios you can't enter the engineering mode. You can get into the "dealer mode" only. In dealer mode you can only look at the settings you can't reset the radio. I had to send mine back to clear it. Once it was reset has worked great.

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
So it turns out on the newer radios you can't enter the engineering mode. You can get into the "dealer mode" only. In dealer mode you can only look at the settings you can't reset the radio. I had to send mine back to clear it. Once it was reset has worked great.
Good to know, I havew an appt next week with dealer and hopefully that can get it sorted out
Sponsored