Engine stutter at highway speeds.

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
I have a 2020 sport with the 2.0. Today it started to stutter at highway speeds. It’s not constant it just happens for about half a second once about every 30-40 seconds. It feels like a small loss of power when it happens and you feel a small shake almost like a mild misfire but I am not getting any warning light. I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas an what could be going on as I have to drive it 45mins to work each way over the next two days and no dealerships are open until Tuesday due to the holiday. @JeepCares
Sponsored

Last edited:

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Did you recently get gas from a different location? If under warranty take it in.

OP
OP
Flamingsword

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
No I was down to a quarter tank from the normal gas station when it started. I did wash it just before this happened. I am planning on taking it in just curious if anyone knew what it was before because I have to wait a couple days to even call the dealer.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'd see if it does it tomorrow - perhaps somehow water got into something from the wash.

Also once it's warmed up a run at WOT will either get the spiderwebs out of it or help you discover the root cause ;)

OP
OP
Flamingsword

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
Yeah that’s what I figured was drive it and hope for the best tomorrow. I will update after work tomorrow how it did.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Flamingsword

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
Drive to work today and it stuttered a few times then stopped. It did not happen at all on my way home.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Drive to work today and it stuttered a few times then stopped. It did not happen at all on my way home.
If you're still experiencing concerns, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be happy to help.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored