Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
It depends on on-road/off-road/day/week end--camping/group/loner=etc

Every TREK will/can require a different set of "TOOLS"/RECOVERY GEAR--

On-Road--you don't need much, because of insurance/AAA/tow trucks, but off-road is a different ball game

These are my BASIC KITS and depending on the length of the "TREK" determines how much--

036.jpg

039.jpg

I have PORTABLE WINCH/HILIFT JACK AND TWO CHAIN SAWS-

It also depends whether your alone or with a group/buddy

Isn't it exciting ???

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Thanks for linking to this one. Interestingly, I actually DID search for a similar thread and didn't find one, but I guess I can blame it on trying to do it with my mobile phone instead of my computer.

For the record, I absolutely disagree with carrying a "complete" set of SAE/Metric sockets/wrenches -- that's a LOT of unnecessary weight and easily 3/4ths of them wouldn't be needed. I wonder if there's a mechanics list of the most common sockets/torxs needed for JLs?

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Look at the "clean agent" fire extinguishers such as: https://www.amazon.com/H3R-Performa...ords=H3R+Performance+HG100R+Fire+Extinguisher

This way you won't have a mess to clean up if you ever have to use it.

I had an awful trail day about 6 years ago. Broke a steering knuckle. Took 42 hours total with about 5 hours of sleep to get it 2 miles down the trail and onto the trailer. To top off the trip, my fire extinguisher decided to deplete itself all over the interior while it was on the trailer heading home.

This also happens at work every now and then. A fire extinguisher will get activated in the trunk and completely coats people’s gear, emergency equipment, and other things. Completely sucks.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am far from expert, but I am planning to take my Metrinch set with me in the Jeep. If you haven’t seen these tools they are great. One wrench/socket does both a standard and a metric size. Only downside is there is some play in the tool, but for emergencies and to keep weight down, this set is going to be sweet.... I think.
Sponsored