jl-ecodiesel

First Name
Wiliam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Ecodiesel
Hello,

2020 JL Unlimited Sport Ecodiesel. 11k miles. Driving on the freeway in a lot of traffic and the diesel just stalled with zero warning. Flashing Electronic Stability Control. Was able to get off the road safely, luckily, and put it in park. Hit the start button and the starter motor just started running and I could not turn it off. Engine did not start and after about 8 seconds it stopped on it's own and I was able to get it started. Hoping to limp it off the freeway. Couple of miles and then red lighting bolt saying that now the Electronic Fuel Control Throttle was having issues and again, a complete stall. Fortunately was able to get off on to an offramp and stop. Same issue with the starter again. Was able to get it started and limped to a parking lot where it stalled again. Towed to dealership.

Currently at the dealership for which we had to push it as it would no longer start / run for more than a few seconds. First the dealer took it for a ride the next day and said it ran perfectly. No issues. Then on another run, they said the diesel is revving way too high and there are electrical error codes all over the place. They called Jeep for a tech as the dealer said they have never seen this before. This is a bit concerning.

We have a 2018 Honda CRV with more than 2x the mileage and not a single issue and the vehicle was half the cost of this Jeep. Very concerning that within a year, with minimal miles it can just stall on the freeway out of nowhere in the middle of traffic with minimal control.

There are several posts about similar issues with their Jeep and will post again when I get a resolution so others can learn if they experience the same thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jl-ecodiesel

First Name
Wiliam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Ecodiesel
Hello,

2020 JL Unlimited Sport Ecodiesel. 11k miles. Driving on the freeway in a lot of traffic and the diesel just stalled with zero warning. Flashing Electronic Stability Control. Was able to get off the road safely, luckily, and put it in park. Hit the start button and the starter motor just started running and I could not turn it off. Engine did not start and after about 8 seconds it stopped on it's own and I was able to get it started. Hoping to limp it off the freeway. Couple of miles and then red lighting bolt saying that now the Electronic Fuel Control Throttle was having issues and again, a complete stall. Fortunately was able to get off on to an offramp and stop. Same issue with the starter again. Was able to get it started and limped to a parking lot where it stalled again. Towed to dealership.

Currently at the dealership for which we had to push it as it would no longer start / run for more than a few seconds. First the dealer took it for a ride the next day and said it ran perfectly. No issues. Then on another run, they said the diesel is revving way too high and there are electrical error codes all over the place. They called Jeep for a tech as the dealer said they have never seen this before. This is a bit concerning.

We have a 2018 Honda CRV with more than 2x the mileage and not a single issue and the vehicle was half the cost of this Jeep. Very concerning that within a year, with minimal miles it can just stall on the freeway out of nowhere in the middle of traffic with minimal control.

There are several posts about similar issues with their Jeep and will post again when I get a resolution so others can learn if they experience the same thing.
Spoke to the dealership this afternoon and the response was they have no idea what to do. The term the service tech used is "we are stumped". Now that is really encouraging when the certified diesel and Jeep mechanic put their heads together and stumped is the outcome.

Guess I won't be seeing my new Jeep for a while.

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully they will make a fair deal to replace it for you. That sucks.
Sponsored