First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I have two first vehicle ever drove was a Willys The company my grandfather worked for had one and he would let me drive it in the field behind his house I was probably nine or 10, second a Ford galaxy 500 1966 my uncle used to let me sit on his lap and drive just the steering well of course he passed away after Vietnam Sorry no pictures
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Dad drove a 1966 Chevy pickup. I rode in the open bed with a blanket to try to stay warm. I would huddle where the heat came up between the cab and bed.
Mom drove a green station wagon with fake wood paneling on the side. It had pop-up seats in the rear that sat sideways. I remember making faces at the people behind us at stop signs.
Pop up seats! Iā€™d forgotten about those.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
My Uncle picking me up in a new Scrambler! Blue and black, those chrome gauges and manual shifting while smoking a Marlboro red are the reason Iā€™m still hooked on jeep.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Uncles are big influences. My uncle passed away in 1971, I still think about him daily

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Uncles are big influences. My uncle passed away in 1971, I still think about him daily
I hear you man, and his spirit is with you always.

Yes he had a 79ā€™ scrambler! Imagine running out of 1st grade with a backpack and climbing into a rumbling scrambler with what seemed like 33ā€™s . The chrome accents and decal on hood were so dope. Big roll bar too. I was hooked from then on.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
66 Lincoln with Suicide doors... mom slammed 4 of my fingers in that damn car and broke them all. then on another day mom put me in the back seat and headed into the house while my brother came out, climb in the front seat, put the car in neutral and then climbed in the back with me...we proceeded to roll down the road for 4 blocks before hitting a parked car... my mom broke her leg as she came out of the house to see the car rolling down the road.. in a panic she launched down the front stairs breaking her leg.. other than mom, nobody else got hurt except my brother got his ass whooped..i absolutely remember that car...lol. My first car was a ā€˜69 Chevelle I bought at 16 years old in 1983 for $600. My first ever build, I did the engine, built 396. rear end, tranny which was converted to a vertical gate 4 speed with line lock. Dunlop GT Qualifiers, Kenwood cassette radio with 6x9ā€™s in the back... received an endless amount of tickets in the car. My record was 6 in one shot... speed contest, breaking traction, not signing my registration with an ink pen, no horn etc...... I now have 5 kids and 5 grandkids... non of them got a fast car...

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
66 Lincoln with Suicide doors... mom slammed 4 of my fingers in that damn car and broke them all. then on another day mom put me in the back seat and headed into the house while my brother came out, climb in the front seat, put the car in neutral and then climbed in the back with me...we proceeded to roll down the road for 4 blocks before hitting a parked car... my mom broke her leg as she came out of the house to see the car rolling down the road.. in a panic she launched down the front stairs breaking her leg.. other than mom, nobody else got hurt except my brother got his ass whooped..i absolutely remember that car...lol. My first car was a ā€˜69 Chevelle I bought at 16 years old in 1983 for $600. My first ever build, I did the engine, built 396. rear end, tranny which was converted to a vertical gate 4 speed with line lock. Dunlop GT Qualifiers, Kenwood cassette radio with 6x9ā€™s in the back... received an endless amount of tickets in the car. My record was 6 in one shot... speed contest, breaking traction, not signing my registration with an ink pen, no horn etc...... I now have 5 kids and 5 grandkids... non of them got a fast car...
"not signing registration with an ink pen..." well that looks like the police officer was mad enough to dig for more reasons to pile on tickets lol.

jdpatt12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon 2019 Jeep Cherokee , 2015 ford mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
My parents both were car crazy as I am. I remember going with my Mom when I was about 4 to the local Dodge dealer and picking out her new wagon. which I thjink was 1970
We had so many that I remember, but some of the ones I loved the best was a 1969 Ford Bronco,1970 Dodge Charger with a 440.

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
According to my siblings I was literally born in a Land Rover on the way to Two Lakes in the Rocky Mountains. According to my Mom they turned around and I was born in the hospital.

Either way, I guess this is in my blood :)

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Black 57 Plymouth station wagon looked like a Batman suv. Really tiny metropolitan greenish blue and white. Learned to drive in a 66 mustang

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
"not signing registration with an ink pen..." well that looks like the police officer was mad enough to dig for more reasons to pile on tickets lol.
Yep, he was not too happy.....thatā€™s what happens when youā€™re racing and couldā€™ve eluded the officer had I been so inclined......I was a little cocky back then but learned my lesson when I was paying 250/month for liability insurance in 1986... havenā€™t gotten a ticket in 25 years now....
Sponsored