Dumb Dimmer

Tintin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon Recon
I love my JL and it’s got some smarts, but clearly the lighting team were a bit lite on.

Dimmer control is just too dim.

it does not go bright enough and i end up having to flick the dial into the first setting where it dims with what it thinks is ambient light changes.

why can’t Jeep take a leaf out of the any euro car maker and make a dimmer switch that rolls all the way from dull to very bright, without having two annoying stop points which interfere with finding a perfect brightness.
Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I love my JL and it’s got some smarts, but clearly the lighting team were a bit lite on.

Dimmer control is just too dim.

it does not go bright enough and i end up having to flick the dial into the first setting where it dims with what it thinks is ambient light changes.

why can’t Jeep take a leaf out of the any euro car maker and make a dimmer switch that rolls all the way from dull to very bright, without having two annoying stop points which interfere with finding a perfect brightness.
Agreed, it's the one thing about the Jeep that drives me nuts!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Spot on. It goes from “too dark to see except on the darkest moonless night in the bottom of a cave” to “now I’ve burned out my retinas!” at the flick of a switch. Not really anything in between.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Yes! It starts at “nonexistent lighting” then rolls to “too dim” and then immediately to “flashlight bulb bright”!
Sponsored