Sponsored

driver side marker/parking light - ripped it off

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
About 10 minutes ago I backed into the garage and took off the driver side marker/parking light. Attaching a pic. I cannot get the thing to click back in or seat properly in the cavity. I circled in red a broken portion, which is supposed to be a complete circle and where the rear part of the plastic housing is supposed to seat. Anyone have experience with these lights? Anything I can do to fix it or do I need some replacement part/s? Should I order a new fender :CWL:

driver side marker light1.jpg

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@noquartergiven

Watch this video. You will see where the screw that holds the sidemarker in is located, how to remove, etc.

You'd buy a new sidemarker light. You'd remove that screw which is holding the broken piece of your side marker. Then you would easily install the sidemarker. Install is easy for most people.

Consider just buying a set of Diode Dynamics sidemarkers and installing those. Cost of them is $100 on Amazon.

Or buy an OEM replacement on eBAY. Looks like you need the driver's side..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/194943348585?hash=item2d63876f69:g:UzEAAOSw4K9iQiqY

OP
OP
noquartergiven

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
@noquartergiven

Watch this video. You will see where the screw that holds the sidemarker in is located, how to remove, etc.

You'd buy a new sidemarker light. You'd remove that screw which is holding the broken piece of your side marker. Then you would easily install the sidemarker. Install is easy for most people.

Consider just buying a set of Diode Dynamics sidemarkers and installing those. Cost of them is $100 on Amazon.

This is great info! Thanks @Rhinebeck01

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
If you've got the halogen fender light, I've got a set I just pulled off my wife's JLUR that I would sell cheap!

twaldo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler unlimited JL
About 10 minutes ago I backed into the garage and took off the driver side marker/parking light. Attaching a pic. I cannot get the thing to click back in or seat properly in the cavity. I circled in red a broken portion, which is supposed to be a complete circle and where the rear part of the plastic housing is supposed to seat. Anyone have experience with these lights? Anything I can do to fix it or do I need some replacement part/s? Should I order a new fender :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL driver side marker/parking light - ripped it off driver side marker light1
What did you eventually do for this? I have the same problem except on passenger side of the jeep. The video link provided was all about how to change the lense assembly but had nothing for the broken retainer ring...

Sponsored

twaldo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@noquartergiven

you OBVIOUSLY did not read his post... the sidemarker was not the issue.. the broken retainer ring was.

OP
OP
noquartergiven

noquartergiven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S
What did you eventually do for this? I have the same problem except on passenger side of the jeep. The video link provided was all about how to change the lense assembly but had nothing for the broken retainer ring...
I don't have a specific fix to share as I just MacGyver'd my way out of it. Something like using electrical tape (maybe some gorilla glue?) on the lens side and washers on the backside of the screw. Was able to get the screw to catch and secure the lens in place. Wish I could remember but it's been awhile.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
you OBVIOUSLY did not read his post... the sidemarker was not the issue.. the broken retainer ring was.
@twaldo

Daaaah... I did read the OP's post ....

The video was given merely as a reference so the OP could get an idea how the side marker is actually secured at that location, etc..

The OP thanked me for the info so apparently the video helped him a bit...

twaldo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@twaldo

Daaaah... I did read the OP's post ....

The video was given merely as a reference so the OP could get an idea how the side marker is actually secured at that location, etc..

The OP thanked me for the info so apparently the video helped him a bit...
only he could say for sure if it helped, I just thought he was being nice and thanking you for responding at all. SO.... with that out of the way, any suggestions on how to fix the broken ring? I am in the same boat and amazingly have found NOTHING helpful in how far do I have to go to fix what is broken.
Sponsored