Sponsored

Does anyone here use a portable tire/bubble wheel balancer?

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Hey I am wondering if anyone here uses a tire balancer. I am doing a lot of my own stuff on the wrangler and got a quote to get my tires rebalanced and want 25$ a tire and could buy one of those bubble balancer for that price, seems like a good thing to have if someone goes wheeling lots, the weights seem like something that can come off.

your thoughts?
Sponsored

Rob7181

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep (JL)Rubicon
I bubble balance my race slicks and have been 180mph. You will be fine if you bubble balance your Jeep tires.

OP
OP

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
I bubble balance my race slicks and have been 180mph. You will be fine if you bubble balance your Jeep tires.
Cool, I'll have more of look into it, which brand did you go with?

Kbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU
My dad has an old one from the '70s that he has used for everything he owns over the years and loves it.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
$25 per tire for spin-balancing is excessive, in my experience.

On the other hand, I don't remember the last time I was "bubble-balanced." Bubble-balancing catches only mismatches around the perimeter (top/bottom, left/right). It won't catch inner half/outer half imbalance (like a sliced bagel).

What's very important with either method is a careful mechanic. Rushing the job means only imbalanced tires.

If you want to shop for tire balancing and other service, I suggest you go to Tire Rack's website and browse their list of authorized installers in your area. They will be used to fee-based services that don't involve a direct tire purchase from them.

Good luck!

Rob7181

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep (JL)Rubicon
Cool, I'll have more of look into it, which brand did you go with?
I bought a cheap one from Harbor Freight or ebay, cannot remember which. If I don't notice at 180mph, you will not notice at 80mph.
Sponsored