IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Anyone done this yet?
It looks like you could just get some universal mount (flat bracket) and drill/self-tapping screw into the lip around the hood/fenders. Probably have to play around with the right spot, which may get a bit tricky.

Otherwise, I thought some vendors said they were working on these -- but I still see nothing...
Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I don’t see a real need for them. None of my jeeps have had them and not really a big deal for me.

Jeep probably doesn’t offer them because mechanics will start getting injured from the worn out struts on a brand new vehicle that is constantly in the service bay. Lol, jk. I couldn’t help myself.

OP
OP
IPvFletch

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I don’t see a real need for them.
Well yeah, it's easy enough to pull down the hood prop. But it makes this awful sound each time I open the hood (and I do this a LOT as I'm building this Jeep up). So I am waiting for that hood prop latch to brake off and then I will for sure need to ditch the prop and upgrade to these struts.

custmfxwg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone done this yet?
It looks like you could just get some universal mount (flat bracket) and drill/self-tapping screw into the lip around the hood/fenders. Probably have to play around with the right spot, which may get a bit tricky.

Otherwise, I thought some vendors said they were working on these -- but I still see nothing...

S-Tech makes a set and they claim they'll fit the JK or JL. Northridge sells them: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/hood-accessories/tto-strutkit-jljk-s-tech-hood-strut-kit
Sponsored