my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Can’t this weekend, but 🤞 hopefully the weekend of 8/26. Think we’ll run Sourgrass and half of Slick Rock on Saturday. We’ll camp before the gauntlet at the creek that exits Lake Alpine. Then on Sunday wrap up Slick Rock and see if we can do Deer Valley.

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I just installed my ARB pressure control kit with the Apex CRS. So nice to not have to worry about monitoring tire pressure while airing up. Basically screw it onto the tire and that's it. I also added the Apex high flow chuck. Airs up from 10 to 37 in just a few minutes (didn't do a timed run). I think the hardest part is getting the chuck on the schrader valve. With the bead lock ring there's not a lot of room to get it screwed on.

You can hear a quick pause at the beginning of the video where the ARB system is checking to see where it is pressure wise.

The system is pretty cool, where you can set it up to be off on start-up, pull up last used preset, or be at max pressure. I've got it set to pull up the last used preset so when I turn on the compressor I can just connect it to my tires and not have to worry about fiddling with my phone. It has a deflate option, that will bring the pressure down to a specific preset, but I don't think I'll use that. I'm guessing it takes a pretty long time. I've got a set of RPVs that allow me to air down each tire in about 20-30 seconds.

I also made my own quick connect inflator with a 1/4 turn check valve. The Apex chuck is open flow so wanted a way to be able to turn it on and off but maintain maximum air flow.

(I did clean up the wires under the compressor)

OP
OP
my_jeep_sucks

my_jeep_sucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 4XE
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

The JL got a friend!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Destroyed MBZ Sprinter = JLU Rubicon 4xe build IMG_9708.JPEG

And it's a 4x4!

Picked up a one owner 1990 VW Vanagon Westy Syncro for an insane deal from a local guy in Mill Valley. The good; it's a syncro (that's really the only thing I cared about) with a perfect interior and good body work (minus one spot). The bad; it needs a new clutch (not that bad) but also has a big dent on the driver side rear that the PO covered with cloth tape. The cloth tape held moisture against the body work for 10ish years and now there's a nice big rust hole. The AC doesn't work nor does the fridge, but those are normal 33 year old van issues.

I was able to get the van about a mile from my house, but the hills proved too much for the slipping clutch. After giving it a few shots, the clutch totally went out. Had to get it towed a fricking mile. Now I've got a big blue hunk of metal sitting in my driveway!

Got a new clutch kit and, it just so happens, there are replacement body panels for the dent area that I ordered too. Looking forward to digging into a new project that should complement the Jeep well. Also, will be interesting to see how capable this thing is.