Sponsored

Dealer license plate frames

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
But I am a dick….lmao
Seriously though Morton, I disagree, here’s why.
Maybe it’s because I live in the city, but you can throw a rock and hit a restaurant here. There’s so many that they have to make the experience/food good or they’re out.
Dealerships?
A) they’re limited
B) I’ve already had one with bad service.
C) I don’t want to drive 600 miles just to get good service.
The way my dealership has treated me so far, I’m happy to let them have that tiny space as long as it ends there and word of mouth. I’ll give an example: someone in this forum was complaining that his plug pins wore out from frequently removing his doors. Locks or windows stopped working. Exact same thing happened to me. (Power locks wouldn’t respond). He got hit with a $800.00 bill and couldn’t get help from Jeep Cares. Had to pay. My place? Ordered the plugs, set an appointment, kept the Jeep for a day, called me to pick up, I tipped the mechanic, was handed my keys and told call us if you have any trouble.
This is why I have no problem with their plate frames. Heck I’ll even advertise here: Larchmont Chrysler Jeep, Larchmont NY.
@sf5211

For the heck of it I went and read the reviews on Larchmont Chrysler Jeep's, FB page and the reviews of that stealership are very good. My dealer in Upstate NY, gets similar reviews.. Great, they both are decent stealerships that are doing what they are supposed to do .. are getting top $ to do...

With that said, I do not want my JL or any vehicle I own to be a patchwork quilt so to speak.... don't want it to be a billboard, "sign spinner", newspaper ad, or like an ad on a roadside tree, or graffiti on a train car..etc..

Regardless of whether an aftermarket accessory is great, a stealership is decent, the local pizza shop is great, the local tire shop is great, I don't want their gaudy advertising or logos on my vehicle..

With that said, no Bestop logo on my Bestop SR or Bestop floor liners (removed), no Redline Tuning logo on my Redline Hood lift struts (removed) no logo on this or that (removed) and no plate frames from the local stealership.. (told them don't dare put one on or drill 2 holes in my front bumper)

I actually avoid purchasing items that have permanent logos plastered on them.... that have logos that I cannot remove the day of purchase..

I laugh when I see a decent looking vehicle, whether Jeep or whatever and it's adorned with multiple ads, logos and such..

To each own... but I do laugh at ...
---
Yes, I do tip a stealership Tech that does my vehicle right, listens to input from me and treats my vehicle like I treat it...

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
@sf5211

For the heck of it I went and read the reviews on Larchmont Chrysler Jeep's, FB page and the reviews of that stealership are very good. My dealer in Upstate NY, gets similar reviews.. Great, they both are decent stealerships that are doing what they are supposed to do .. are getting top $ to do...

With that said, I do not want my JL or any vehicle I own to be a patchwork quilt so to speak.... don't want it to be a billboard, "sign spinner", newspaper ad, or like an ad on a roadside tree, or graffiti on a train car..etc..

Regardless of whether an aftermarket accessory is great, a stealership is decent, the local pizza shop is great, the local tire shop is great, I don't want their gaudy advertising or logos on my vehicle..

With that said, no Bestop logo on my Bestop SR or Bestop floor liners (removed), no Redline Tuning logo on my Redline Hood lift struts (removed) no logo on this or that (removed) and no plate frames from the local stealership.. (told them don't dare put one on or drill 2 holes in my front bumper)

I actually avoid purchasing items that have permanent logos plastered on them.... that have logos that I cannot remove the day of purchase..

I laugh when I see a decent looking vehicle, whether Jeep or whatever and it's adorned with multiple ads, logos and such..

To each own... but I do laugh at ...
---
Yes, I do tip a stealership Tech that does my vehicle right, listens to input from me and treats my vehicle like I treat it...

I totally respect that thought process too my buddy.

chilly_one

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara; Granite Metallic
Where they belong!

I don't understand people that take the dealer frames off, to put their plates on, then put the dealer frames back on. ???

I don't even wait for the plates. As soon as I get home the frames are in the trash.

And I took their plastic immediately badge off too. Like someone else said, they don't pay me to advertise for them, so I'm not going to do it.

Sponsored

Kilroy1941

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Dealer plates and stickers, I like to peel them off and throw them in the trash. As others say, you don't get paid for it and I like my American " home of the free because of the brave " license plate frame more

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Mine had the typical gaudy plastic dealer frame with a plastic plate also featuring their name when I saw the images online and when I went to test drive. When the deal was done, I received a solid black metal frame around the temp tag. Absolutely no wording or stickers anywhere. I’ve never understood why… I see others with their dealer frames all around town. I kept that metal frame on the Jeep. First and probably only “dealer” frame I will keep.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I never understood why people leave the dealer frames on, or those nasty metal stickers some dealers put on the body! 🤬

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I never understood why people leave the dealer frames on, or those nasty metal stickers some dealers put on the body! 🤬
I still have my dealer metal sticker on the back. Too lazy to take it off and it doesn't bother me. It's not that noticeable. Now if I had a sports car or a "luxury" vehicle, I would probably be more inclined to take it off.
Sponsored