Dash Warning Lights

Loskittle

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I just bought my first wrangler, 2020 Rubicon Unlimited. I’ve had it for 2 weeks with 4,500 miles on it and nearly every light on the dash is on. It started with 4wd service and ABS lights. Now I have tire systems warning and engine light. It runs fine like nothings wrong. I can’t get it in to a shop til November, does anyone know anything helpful I could do to correct this?
Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I just bought my first wrangler, 2020 Rubicon Unlimited. I’ve had it for 2 weeks with 4,500 miles on it and nearly every light on the dash is on. It started with 4wd service and ABS lights. Now I have tire systems warning and engine light. It runs fine like nothings wrong. I can’t get it in to a shop til November, does anyone know anything helpful I could do to correct this?
Go out and physically push every fuse and relay in your fuse box to seat them. This has been discussed on this forum many times for example before I left the dealership I checked my fuse box and at least 50 or60 percent of the fuses were not seated. You can actually feel and hear them click when seated properly.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Agree with Scott.b also could be batteries.

OP
OP
Loskittle

Loskittle

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Go out and physically push every fuse and relay in your fuse box to seat them. This has been discussed on this forum many times for example before I left the dealership I checked my fuse box and at least 50 or60 percent of the fuses were not seated. You can actually feel and hear them click when seated properly.
I have seen this on other thread and have checked and pushed in my fuses, still no change. Thank you though

Sponsored

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara JLU
OP
OP
Loskittle

Loskittle

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Reactions: Boz

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
95% sure your batteries are shot. Replace both Main and Aux.
Either that or your Jeep is on fire.
Wow, that sucks. Only had it 2 weeks. You totally got caught holding the bag because of how the previous owner treated it.

Since it's a 2020 with only 4k mi, it obviously wasn't driven much before you got it. Which means it sat parked for long periods of time. JL's have a lot of always-on devices. This constant parasitic draw kills old-school lead acid batteries if the Jeep isn't driven regularly. Such low mileage is actually a red flag for trashed batteries.

Get the batteries replaced (hopefully under warranty) and the Jeep should stop being a hypochondriac.

OP
OP
Loskittle

Loskittle

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
95% sure your batteries are shot. Replace both Main and Aux.
Either that or your Jeep is on fire.
Wow, that sucks. Only had it 2 weeks. You totally got caught holding the bag because of how the previous owner treated it.

Since it's a 2020 with only 4k mi, it obviously wasn't driven much before you got it. Which means it sat parked for long periods of time. JL's have a lot of always-on devices. This constant parasitic draw kills old-school lead acid batteries if the Jeep isn't driven regularly. Such low mileage is actually a red flag for trashed batteries.

Get the batteries replaced (hopefully under warranty) and the Jeep should stop being a hypochondriac.
Thanks man. I’ve heard that several times on here and from friends I’ve had that had wranglers before. I’ll probably try that and hopefully it’ll straighten it out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Loskittle

Loskittle

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
First guess is that 1 or both of your batteries are going T.U.

2nd guess is your Jeep is pissed off about that grill it has to wear.
In my defense I bought it like that, but it’s growing on me. Aside from the other crap. 😒

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I'd try putting a trickle charger on the aux battery overnight. Neg to big battery ground and positive to N1 terminal. Or search this forum for aux battery bypass and build the jumper between N1 and N2. Most of my dash light problems are directly traceable to the aux battery.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
My dealer told me the battery warranty is 3/36. No cost replacement. Have them check it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The main battery in my JLU is specified as an AGM unit. This is likely due to the demands that the anticipated operating environment of the Wrangler, and the requirements of the vehicle's electronics, place on the electrical system. The benefits of Absorbed Glass Mat batteries are well-documented (example), so it's a worthwhile expense when not covered as a warranty item.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Loskittle,
If the suggestions in this forum don't resolve your concern, we'd be happy to provide additional assistance alongside your dealer. Feel free to send us a PM.

Sarah
Jeep Cares
Sponsored