thejill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
IMG_5958 (002).png
When I start up my Jeep, this light lights up, but then goes away after all the lights/gauges cycle through. I think it is the Advanced Safety Group, but I am wondering if I need to have it serviced? @JeepCares

Thanks!
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
The orange or red light? If the orange light, that’s normal as that’s the indicator that the forward collision warning is turned off. Now if you’re talking about the red light, that has to do with the electronic throttle body which should not normally be on and you would need to take that in for service.

OP
OP
thejill

thejill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The orange or red light? If the orange light, that’s normal as that’s the indicator that the forward collision warning is turned off. Now if you’re talking about the red light, that has to do with the electronic throttle body which should not normally be on and you would need to take that in for service.
Thanks for the reply! I was talking about the orange light. How do I turn the forward collision on? I do not know how it got turned off in the first place. As for the red light, that goes off (both of the lights do), meaning it doesn't stay illuminated. Does it still need service?

Thanks again!

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Thanks for the reply! I was talking about the orange light. How do I turn the forward collision on? I do not know how it got turned off in the first place. As for the red light, that goes off (both of the lights do), meaning it doesn't stay illuminated. Does it still need service?

Thanks again!
So if both the lights turn off after the ignition self check, then it means it’s “on”. The orange light you see will remain lit up on the screen if the system is actually turned off. You can check for yourself if you go on your Uconnect screen, find settings, then find safety and driving assistance. It should have it all listed in there for you to see.
Sponsored