Dash instrument cluster failure after two days

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL SAHARA UNLIMITED
I just want to know how long it took anyone recently to get it resolved. Anyone?
I've been waiting for my cluster order for 8 weeks now, with a potential December 16 delivery date.
My vehicle is out of warranty and it cost me $700 USD, and it gets ordered from mopar certified manufacturer along with the current mileage at time of order.

I will be replacing it myself once it arrives, since im not willing to pay another $250 for installation.
Sponsored

Lrlivingston

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler willy 4d ecodiesel
I've been waiting for my cluster order for 8 weeks now, with a potential December 16 delivery date.
My vehicle is out of warranty and it cost me $700 USD, and it gets ordered from mopar certified manufacturer along with the current mileage at time of order.

I will be replacing it myself once it arrives, since im not willing to pay another $250 for installation.
Did you actually get that ETA from manufacturer? It's crickets from them for me. They have no ETA.

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you actually get that ETA from manufacturer? It's crickets from them for me. They have no ETA.
Dealership I deal with has its own website to order mopar parts, and I can track my order this way.
Wouldn't surprise me if it gets pushed again.

valley_jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just want to know how long it took anyone recently to get it resolved. Anyone?
I took my JL in on Oct 18, so it's over 6 weeks and am still waiting for the dealer to see the new part. Call Jeep Cares and the dealer every week like clockwork, and every week the answer is a variation of "still waiting and no ETA available". In fairness to them, I am driving a nice loaner courtesy of Jeep.

Lrlivingston

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the responses. I sent mine into dealership Oct. 20th. I will respond to this thread if I get it fixed.

Sponsored

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So after 2 months waiting for a replacement cluster, its finally arrived.
I will be installing it myself today, and will let everyone know in a few weeks if (hopefully) problem is solved.
***FINGERS CROSSED***
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

valley_jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
Me, too. After waiting two months, my dealer called to say the new instrument cluster arrived and I should be able to pick up my Wrangler tomorrow.
Sounds like the backlog is clearing, I will post again after I see it! I do have to say the dealership has been very professional.

Lrlivingston

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me, too. After waiting two months, my dealer called to say the new instrument cluster arrived and I should be able to pick up my Wrangler tomorrow.
Sounds like the backlog is clearing, I will post again after I see it! I do have to say the dealership has been very professional.
Damn I'm jealous. I'm still waiting on an eta. 57 days and counting.

correfe

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn I'm jealous. I'm still waiting on an eta. 57 days and counting.
Installation complete.
Took around 30 minutes from start to finish.
Did a couple of tests that used to trigger the old dash into "stupid" mode, and so far so good.
replacement cluster has a manufacturer date of Aug / 2022, with a new / different part # from previous cluster.

As mentioned above, I will let you know in a few weeks if anything came up from before.

valley_jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
Got my JL back yesterday with the replacement cluster installed, and all is good!
All told it was eight weeks and one day from bringing it in until the new cluster arrived at the dealer.
Gonna try to wash it today, if the weather isn't tool cold.

Sponsored

Lrlivingston

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Case number 84601887, Here is an update, On January 20th 2023, it was 3 months without my Jeep waiting on the instrument cluster. On January 17th i received an email and a phone call from Jeep customer cares stating and I quote, "I just wanted to inform you that at this time your parts estimated time of arrival is showing 01/30 but is subject to change". I received a phone call from my jeep customer cares case manager on 01/24. He stated that the order still says time of arrival is 1/30. I received a call from my case manager and the dealership stating that the UPS tracking number is saying a delivery date of 1/30/23 and should be delivered anytime. 01/31/23 i received a call from my case manager and the dealership stating "its in route and should have been there on 1/30. We will wait and see." Now, 02/01/23, the tracking info vanished and the dealership called to get info from the vendor and they said they do not have the part and there is no ETA on when they will get the part. I am at a lost of what to do. I honestly believe I will never get my jeep. This situation with getting a tracking number and date has actually happened three separate times. I beginning to feel there is something shady going on. Like my cluster is given to someone else. Has anyone come across something like this?

valley_jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
Case number 84601887, Here is an update, On January 20th 2023, it was 3 months without my Jeep waiting on the instrument cluster. On January 17th i received an email and a phone call from Jeep customer cares stating and I quote, "I just wanted to inform you that at this time your parts estimated time of arrival is showing 01/30 but is subject to change". I received a phone call from my jeep customer cares case manager on 01/24. He stated that the order still says time of arrival is 1/30. I received a call from my case manager and the dealership stating that the UPS tracking number is saying a delivery date of 1/30/23 and should be delivered anytime. 01/31/23 i received a call from my case manager and the dealership stating "its in route and should have been there on 1/30. We will wait and see." Now, 02/01/23, the tracking info vanished and the dealership called to get info from the vendor and they said they do not have the part and there is no ETA on when they will get the part. I am at a lost of what to do. I honestly believe I will never get my jeep. This situation with getting a tracking number and date has actually happened three separate times. I beginning to feel there is something shady going on. Like my cluster is given to someone else. Has anyone come across something like this?

Pretty much the same thing happened to me, roughly two (don't recall exactly) weeks before it was actually shipped, the Jeep Cares case manager emailed that it was in route with a confirmation number and delivery expected date. Then the date passed with nothing, and no new ETA or new shipping confirmation, until the dealer called a couple of weeks later and said it was in.

Sounds like the backlog might be getting worse, my cluster took two months to ship and I only got one ETA false alarm -- but the bad info from Jeep Cares over shipping/ETA seems the same.

valley_jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JL
3 false ETA and im into the 4th month. Im losing faith
Sounds like you are in regular contact with both JeepCares and the Dealership, like I was.

Don't know if it helped in my case, but when the ETA passed without happening, I spoke with the dealership Service Manager and politely but firmly requested her to escalate the issue with their Jeep field representative due to unreliable information on ETA. She agreed and followed up that she had.